Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict TheOldShedSquad's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Insurance refusal

Here's an intriguing one. I've been ringing round a few insurers trying to get a trade policy. Most places won't touch me because I'm not registered as a company/self-employed, nut one place was very keen to get me on a "part-time" trade policy, and said they'd ring me back this morning.
    They didn't, so I just chased them up and got told that "None of our underwriters will touch you because you race in American Super Stock".

WHAT THE ****?! How the hell do they know! I didn't bloody tell 'em that!

Has anyone else had this sort of BS from their insurers?
    You CAN polish a turd...
    ... but I wouldn't want to T-Cut it

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict old pizz yella's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    But on the track it's not insured any way ? So what the feck does it mater
    race it cruise it just use it and abuse it
    nscc 8
    having fun is usual

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is them thinking he is going race about on the road,

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    and also now you are marked on there database as high risk,and when aske have you ever been refused insurance you will now have to say yes, which will go against you so expect your insurances to go up.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that not being quoted is classed as "refused insurance", I think you have to fill in a proposal for that.

I am a motor trader and two years back Tradex hiked my policy over 100%, so I thought 'sod that' and started ringing around....most places wouldn't give me the cover I need (fully comp on American as well as the usual tat). Alot of people in the trade have had similar experience recently, it seems to be that insurers really don't want motor traders on board these days.

I do know of one guy who had trade insurance (although he was only "playing at it"). When he wrote his car off the company wouldn't pay out as he didn't have books to substantiate his work in the motor trade.

It's really tricky at the moment, seems to be "stick with what you have" as you won't get a deal any place. In your case Dave, I think you're stuffed mate. Have you thought about one of those 'multi-car' policies?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still want to know how they knew I raced in Super Stock?! I think they get twitchy arses with anyone who does track days or any of that kind of lark.
    I've abandoned the idea of a trade policy (unless I start The Old Shed Squad Ltd!) but have had bugger all luck trying to find someone who'll insure a beavertail for private use only...
    Now this "checking the books" is common practice, apparently, whether there's a claim or not. I spoke to one particularly helpful guy at a company in Wakefield who said that it's been ruined for everyone by non-traders taking out the policy and then taking the **** with supercars and such.
    You CAN polish a turd...

starting to crawl back up spanners's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldShedSquad View Post
    I still want to know how they knew I raced in Super Stock?! I think they get twitchy arses with anyone who does track days or any of that kind of lark.
    I've abandoned the idea of a trade policy (unless I start The Old Shed Squad Ltd!) but have had bugger all luck trying to find someone who'll insure a beavertail for private use only...
    Now this "checking the books" is common practice, apparently, whether there's a claim or not. I spoke to one particularly helpful guy at a company in Wakefield who said that it's been ruined for everyone by non-traders taking out the policy and then taking the **** with supercars and such.
    try the NFU office at stone for youre beavertail at least they did my 814 merc beavertail for private use as a classic commercial £64 a year fully comp

Official RnS Addict Cornishtiger's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldShedSquad View Post
    It took less than 5 seconds to find this on google T.O.S.S. - The Old Shed Squad as a trader you would be expected to have something on the internet and you do so they found it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornishtiger View Post
    It took less than 5 seconds to find this on google T.O.S.S. - The Old Shed Squad as a trader you would be expected to have something on the internet and you do so they found it.
    But that's just it - I'm NOT a trader (which is why it's so hard to get a trade-type policy). To be fair, I just tried it myself, and if you bang my name in and 'Mustang' the first thing that comes up on Google is a YouTube video of me racing in American Super Stock! Damn... though that page you found was last updated 10.5 years ago...!
    You CAN polish a turd...

Official RnS Addict dragracerdave's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a very worrying thought, I too have Googled myself (very nice it was too!) & sure enough first thing that pops up is my link to American Super/Stock, complete with a pic of my car & me (eating a pie!) Is this going to be a trend that ALL insurance companies follow, Might make cover very hard to get!
    I've been next in line,
    I've been next to nothing,
    I've been next to bye standers, That shoulda said something.................

<a href=http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/dragracerdave/Hobby%20Horse/2muchavahh-1.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...uchavahh-1.jpg</a>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information