Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Bedford CA's

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  yellowtr3 
#1 ·
#13 ·
that would be Andy Lowe's van.
he is/was from near southport (north of liverpool)
the side panels are fiberglass. that is where i learned how to make fiberglass panels.
the motor was a 6 cylinder vauxhall unit.
sunroof from a Mercedes.
paint was by his wifes cousin. Julian maybe?
when i left the UK in 1982 he still had not finished the interior other than 2 front seats. he was a terrible procrastinator. maybe never did get it done.

oh yes and he had a set of police horns installed. got folks out of the way on the southport bypass when headed for a burger.

#7 ·
Cheers Micky, The guy hardly ever drove it. He used to come to the workshop to see if we were going to any runs, and would ask me to take the van. It was a pleasure to drive, so, who was I to argue??
Don't know where it is now. I actually wanted to buy it myself, but, it wasn't available at the time, then I missed it. Oh Well, not to be I suppose.
Charlie.

#9 ·
I bet those front doors where auto closing with that rake!

#14 ·
Hi Gary, remember me? i was that guy who built it:) you are right with the details, it finished off with a 350ci v8. It had Etype rear end and modified Mk10 front suspension and steering. Home made 30 gallon fuel tank. Yes, it was a rover grille and the spoiler was made by a local boat yard. If you remember, I broke it on the edge of Ipswich stadium, showing off, LOL. I actually did under 10 at santa pod on a run what brung meet.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.