Need help with dvla - Reply to Topic
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

 

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Need help with dvla

Your Message

 

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 07-05-2010, 08:09
    shoebox

    Re: Need help with dvla

    Couldn't agree more, Kev. But whilst local offices are allowed to use their discretion it gives the possibility of using different kinds of proof to validate the year of manufacture. Over 20 years ago I tried to register my first 55 at Wimbledon. They refused to accept proof of year of manufacture and would only issue a Q plate. I stopped the process and went immediately to Zoar Street LVLO (at Southwark Bridge and now long gone) and had no problems and was given an age related plate - go figure!
  • 07-05-2010, 07:34
    kapri

    Re: Need help with dvla

    Just shows what a complete shambles the entire DVLA set up truly is

    What happens with your vehicle reg is so often down to the luck of the draw of the level of knowledge at your local office.

    Some you win, some you lose.
  • 07-05-2010, 07:22
    shoebox

    Re: Need help with dvla

    I recently registered my '55 and gave the LVLO clerk two print outs of different site VIN decoders. As all the paperwork showed the same VIN and the decoders clearly showed how to read the year of manufacture - it all went ok. Failing to find a club on the list I guess this is the route to take.
    Good luck!
  • 07-05-2010, 07:11
    kapri

    Re: Need help with dvla

    Quote Originally Posted by dw nova View Post
    You should be OK with taking along a VIN decoder which you can print from a few different sites steves nova site is good. If DVLA want something from a club go to National Nostalgic Nova www.nnnova.com I'm sure Wayne could E Mail something they would except ? Good Luck

    They will only accept verification from a club shown on their V765 Authorised Club list.


    C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Local Settings\Temp\V765X1.pdf
  • 06-05-2010, 22:25
    blocckhead 1996

    Re: Need help with dvla

    Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    rice burners dont break down ducatis do though...dont get me started on bloody ducatis grrrrrr
    That maybe the case but when they wear out , you just through them away, unlike a harley you just re-build it and keep on rideing.
    and that completes the cycle
  • 06-05-2010, 22:15
    dw nova

    Re: Need help with dvla

    You should be OK with taking along a VIN decoder which you can print from a few different sites steves nova site is good. If DVLA want something from a club go to National Nostalgic Nova www.nnnova.com I'm sure Wayne could E Mail something they would except ? Good Luck
  • 06-05-2010, 16:31
    badger

    Re: Need help with dvla

    Quote Originally Posted by blocckhead 1996 View Post
    But just imagine if you broke down on your rice burner , how stupid you would look walking home in then girlie leathers with the hunch back
    rice burners dont break down ducatis do though...dont get me started on bloody ducatis grrrrrr
  • 06-05-2010, 16:08
    yellacar

    Re: Need help with dvla

    yup just tried it Just use www.oldride.com (yes really!!!)

    Cheers Ian
  • 06-05-2010, 16:04
    yellacar

    Re: Need help with dvla

    http://www.oldride.com/library/1963_chevrolet_nova.html

    Try the above site I know it is for A 63 nova but i am sure your nova will be covered there.

    Chers ian

    ps for your info try www.steves nova site.com A great friendly forum
  • 06-05-2010, 12:41
    blocckhead 1996

    Re: Need help with dvla

    Quote Originally Posted by roverman View Post


    90% of all harley's are still on the road....the other 10% made it home !!
    But just imagine if you broke down on your rice burner , how stupid you would look walking home in then girlie leathers with the hunch back
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •