Engine details change letting the DVLA know - Reply to Topic
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?


Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Engine details change letting the DVLA know

Your Message


Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.


Additional Options

  • Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-03-2011, 16:53
    The line has to be drawn somewhere, The Historic class is already well defined, with an identifiable cut-off date that everyone recognises.
    No real surprise that DVLA use that date.
  • 03-03-2011, 16:51
    In that case this

    " Motoring
    Changing your vehicle details on your registration certificate

    You’ll need to update your registration certificate (V5C) if you make any changes to your vehicle or if any of the details shown on your registration certificate are incorrect. The amount of vehicle tax you pay may be affected and you will need to produce documentary evidence of the changes.
    Changes you need to update

    You’ll need to tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) about the following changes to your vehicle:

    * colour
    * engine
    * cylinder capacity
    * fuel type (propulsion)
    * replacing or modifying the chassis/monocoque bodyshell
    * seating capacity
    * weight of a goods vehicle

    Change to engine and cylinder capacity (engine size)

    DVLA will need written evidence of any changes to engine number and cylinder capacity (cc). Written evidence can be:

    * a receipt for the replacement engine
    * written evidence from the manufacturer
    * an inspection report provided for insurance purposes
    * written confirmation on headed paper from a garage if the change in engine size took place before you bought the vehicle "

    from here

    Changing your vehicle details on your registration certificate : Directgov - Motoring

    is still the case.
  • 03-03-2011, 16:38
    Andy Nineham
    My car was registered in the 80s
  • 03-03-2011, 10:31
    On newer cars it can affect the taxation class you pay hence why they want proof.
  • 03-03-2011, 10:03
    That's good progress, but what of us with newer than '73 cars. Looks like we will still be shafted.
  • 03-03-2011, 08:45
  • 03-03-2011, 08:32
    Is it Pre '73?
  • 03-03-2011, 08:27
    Andy Nineham

    Engine details change letting the DVLA know

    This may have been asked before I need to update my V5 to reflect the engine fitted, First off I filled the change details section of the V5 which was returned with a letter explaining what was needed all very helpful. So i have now had a engineers report form a local garage to confirm the change have just sent that off so hopefully all is ok. If I ever need to do this again I was wondering what route other people took is there a way with out having to spend out on a report etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts