Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
Chat in the 'Virtual' Pub, reminisce in the History Archive, mooch around projects in The Garage or maybe participate in a bit of Tech.
Why not register and give it a try. Did we mention it was FREE ???
Post a reply to the thread: project vw fassty
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)
You may choose an icon for your message from this list
Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Where you live, Town\City\County etc.
Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.
Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].
Man thats awsome !
No other words just awsome
Whats the washer bottle from ? it really looks like its suposed to be there well done!
got a fair bit done on the fassty over the last few months but its time to put the cover over it , the reason being its time to get the cortina one step closer.
thats the idea chaley,
washer bottle arrived so got going on the inner wing.
made up a bracket to mount the washer bottle under the inner wing on the bulkhead.
as the neck of the bottle was to go through the inner wing i made up a cone,
the cone was then welded on the under side of the inner wing.
so that the washer bottle cap sits recessed in the panel.
bolted both inner wings back with the rad and it all looks pretty good.
still loads to do to the inner wings but its a good start.
Loving the exhaust, I’d think it was a bugpack one even at a second look
we all need inspiration,
Nice work, will have to up my game when I start on the Countryman (and steal ideas!!!)
got a couple of days off so on with the inner wings.
bit more done on the drivers side,
took a bit of messing but it looks way better than i thought it would, it even still fits after all the welding.
still need to finish the bottom edge with some 6mm bar but i do that later just want to get every made up so i no it all fits.
while i am waiting for some more parts to arrive i thought i may as well have a go at making the inner front wings.
started with the passenger side as that was the easiest one.
mocked it up with cardboard to get an of of what i wanted but before i could cut it out of metal i had to make up the mounting flanges. shaped them, drilled them and run a bead between the holes.
took 2hrs yesterday just to make 2 of these, what a mission. got both inner wings folded and trimmed.
spent today making the panel under the brake servo, it was always going to be a funny shape but this is the stuff i really in joy building.
still quite a bit of work to make it all fit but its heading in the right direction.
got the mounts on the rear boxes tonight so bolted it all in place and heres how it looks.
looks bloody killer, almost like the engine still at the back.
even came up with a killer tip on the back box,
nice and short.
so sorted out the wiring loom this week so that it all runs to the right places,
the plan is is to use all the original connections of the type 3 loom as i intend to use all the original switches.
so today i made up the mount to mount the fuse box.
came up with a position that suits this application and welded in the mounting brackets,
with that done it was on to the exhaust as the rear boxes landed this week.
see how far we get tomorrow.
Terms and Conditions