Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
Chat in the 'Virtual' Pub, reminisce in the History Archive, mooch around projects in The Garage or maybe participate in a bit of Tech.
Why not register and give it a try. Did we mention it was FREE ???
Post a reply to the thread: chop top mk2
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)
You may choose an icon for your message from this list
Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Where you live, Town\City\County etc.
Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.
Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].
over the last year or so i have had a lot of problems with the ignition keep blowing modules well it looks like i have finally found the problem. it looks like the module was not making enough contact were it plugs on to the distributor and with the shaking of the engine it was losing contact , so i have modded the contact and it now has a proper good contact but the best thing is now we have a big fat spark. result
just going to cross my fingers and hope that solves the problem for good.
made some good progress this weekend, the dash is all back in and working and i am just waiting for some last bits to come this week to get it all wrapped up. if the engine starts this afternoon i will be able to give it a good polish.
i have made good progress this week. its ready to start tomorrow and i even got the dash bolted back in.
finally got to do a little,
got all the parts installed in the engine bay and it looks way better.
bleed the brakes and raised the rear suspension a little for a better look, this weeks mission is to get the engine ready to run next weekend.
nice one, thanks
been wondering what to do with the bumpers, having them chromed is stupid expensive and so is wrapping them. one option that i have been looking at is painting them but again it comes out pretty expensive that was untill i found this stuff.
fx chrome spray paint, how good is it i dont know but at 80 quid it s got to be worth a try. wont be able to try it for a couple more weeks but it will be interesting to give it a go.
cant work on the car at the moment as we are in lock down , but heres some pics of all the repainted parts.
got all the brakes bled up as well as the painting so once i can get back down to the garage it should just be a matter of bolting it all back together.
as you say mygasser the front wheels are bigger than you think .
started to paint a few bits today but on closer inspection they still need a bit of work so i have opted to repair and paint later in the week. how ever bleed the clutch up today and it works spot on so during the week i will bleed up the brakes.
can not load any pics at the moment so will try later.
header wrap looks neat (it's a poxy job i know) but the 2 v band clamps are about all that's left uncovered and coincidentally are also the 2 bits closest to the inlet pipes that go over them. the first and second pics without the inner wings show just how big the wheels are too, more so than an 'outside' pic.
rest of the floors now dyno mated.
and stripped of a few more pieces that are going purple.
hopefully get them painted through the week.
Terms and Conditions