Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
Chat in the 'Virtual' Pub, reminisce in the History Archive, mooch around projects in The Garage or maybe participate in a bit of Tech.
Why not register and give it a try. Did we mention it was FREE ???
Post a reply to the thread: Worlds most normal speed rebuild
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)
You may choose an icon for your message from this list
Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Where you live, Town\City\County etc.
Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.
Will turn www.example.com into [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL].
nice work dude, and good job on the scoop adaptor!
got the coil she started
just got to tweek her to tick over after abit of throttle and sort the bloody dash out no rev counter and no thermo
made a washer cap out of a old milk bottle
if u aint got one make one semi skimmed milk
Originally Posted by jaydub
Still waiting for a coil?
Too late, she's pregnant now.
Still waiting for a coil?
ITS NOW ALREADY TO START its its DAMN IT, its not im waiting for a coil as the old one is knackered as kerrang said earlier lol so took some pictures
didnt like where the exhaust was before was too low and hidden so i moved it backwards and up as high as i could go by doing a simple cut and add at the front the pic is on the zinc plated side so abit ruff and the other side :O i think it was repair metal as it didnt wanna weld it was like drilling thru spring steal was solid and just bouncing off
once i got them i was over the moon and like a child so i cracked on
and because the carb was bigger the linkage was off so the cable holder didnt fit so i bit of simple felting and jobs a gooden
I THEN GOT BOREDDDDDD waiting for my boss to make me the manifold blocks so one month of asking n getting bored so i took some pictures
SOOO alot since i posted last you have got a long read ill start with my hilborn scoop had a saucey pan connecting the scoopto the carb so thought id make one
used sheet metal and cardboard for a base cutout then the rest is magic
had to make the throttle linkage work as the bigger carb had a ball type thing ?? so i swapped and cut the old one to make it fit and then re plated it to make it look new
[QUOTE=lambretta_ash;622577]its mounted on the right rear quarter rubbed down well so good earth but was thinking real 80's and having two whipps
Hopefully that should work OK.
Re using 2 whips. There is something called impedance for the coax cable on these types of aerials and a single one measures 50 ohms. Ordinary car radio aerial coax cable is different at 75ohms so can't be used.
If using two whips you'd have to make up or buy an impedance matcher or balun because when you join 2 x 50 ohm coax's in parallel you would get a resulting impedance of 25 ohms which would affect the efficiency of the aerial and the amount of power put out. In addition without the matcher there is a chance you may damage the output transistors as the loading would be wrong. My advice would be to stick with one for now until you've read up a bit more.
Placing the aerial on the rear quarter will make it slightly directional as well. Sid will probably know this and explain more.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers ... Jon
Terms and Conditions