Amateur built chassis - Reply to Topic
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?


Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Amateur built chassis

Your Message


Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.


Additional Options

  • Will turn into [URL][/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 15-04-2013, 22:10
    MODIFIED old chassis = Q plate AFTER BIVA.

    All you need to get an age related plate the BIVA route is a NEW chassis (either with receipt or home built with plans and receipts for material ) plus 2 major components from a donor logbook for those parts.

    In case you don't know an age related plate will not entitle you to Historic 'free' tax, only stock or modified within 8 points legally entitles you to free' tax.
  • 15-04-2013, 21:09
  • 15-04-2013, 21:05

    Amateur built chassis

    So keep or sell on...

    Ive called in an owed favour and aquired an old chassis for vitually free of a friend (long abandoned project), original running gear, steering etc, V8 update to V5 which is soon to be in my name. No body at this stage

    The chassis however been modified a fair bit. It has all been very well done, boxed, a good strong chassis that I would like to use.

    In a nutshell I would prefer an age related plate on a finished project if I can.

    Obviously the 8 point rule is out the window regarding a re-body.

    So, if i was to go down the amatuer built root, class the chassis as new amateur built (which it pretty much is), am I right in saying I have a good chance to be awarded an age related plate as I will still be using steering, axless and suspension? Although the engine is not the capacity of the original car, could this also be classed as a donor part?

    Regarding the chassis, I understand I could make up my own VIN for this? what about axle weights etc when applying?


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts