Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

1964 Dodge A100 pick up...

Posted a little tale of our trip to go and get this t'other day, but a mate called round on his 1980 Shovel and I thought they looked good together... If anyone else has one of these and knows of where to get bits etc. (or just wants to exchange notes) feel free to give me a shout. Sorted the gear linkage with some polyurethane repairs to the original perished rubber bushes, re-adjusted the rods as per the book and we now have a lovely change. Pressure washed loads of sand and the like out of the box sections and squirted them full of oily goo in an attempt to stave off the dreaded tin worm. Tracing and curing rattles at the moment, mostly seized fixings that weren't fully tightened up... and lots of metal on metal panels, will fit some compressible draught excluder type foam between them before fixing - should do the job. Will delve into the steering box at the weekend...

And t'other day's thread... https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/top...venture-514417

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i bought the truck over here from a good mate of mine who is also a mopar nut/wheeler dealer it came from willows ca which is just about all agriculture & very sandy ground , cant remember now but it was either an ex usaf vehicle or an old pg&e utility truck when new , there was an official sticker in the cab as i recall when i sent it to nick something to do with unauthorized passengers thought you might find this info interesting it is a great looking picture & a great looking truck i,d love to have it back now its done ! RAY A in sf

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Ray, I find any and all of its history interesting. Who knows, that may have been genuine Willows sand that I flushed out of it... whatever it was there was a lot of it and it looked like it had been up there a long time. As for "now it's done"...ha, I reckon you know as well as anyone that they are never done - the more I look, the more I find...

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the one that was on eBay some time ago?
    I loved the look of it, but had already bought my F100.
    Really pretty truck and they look good together too.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, was on eBay a good few months back and was far too expensive for me... The chap who owned it re-listed it as an auction, mine was the winning bid and I collected it from Ilkeston a week or so ago. It is a very pretty truck, a bit of a departure for me as most of my stuff tends to be more workman like. Needs a bit of t.l.c. as it's been a bit neglected in places but it's well solid in the main so we'll see how we get on. Generally I've been cleaning half inch thick sealant off various bits to get to them with the oil can and the grease gun, may be too late for the steering box tho' as it was dry and rusty inside...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Truck's been out and about a bit over the course of last year; Hot Rod Drags, a few local drives and a cruise from the King Billy pub in Bristol, where we somehow ended up leading despite not knowing the route...

Last few months it has been tucked away in the garage tho' where it has been too cold and too cramped to get any work done. Now the snow's gone it can live outside for a bit, makes life a whole lot easier. I've fitted some universal window rubbers and sealed the windscreen so it no longer leaks like a sieve - still a little rain gets in but no where near as badly as before. The window rubbers aren't an exact fit and are sealed into place rather than clipped, but they do their job, tidy up the doors no end and stop the glass rattling.

Hopefully, all set for Wheels Day...

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure I sent new front & Rear window rubbers ,door weatherstripping over with it when i sold it to Nick you might want to contact nick at Dixie motors & see if he has any bits n pieces laying around for it amongst his Mopar hoard ,he had it sat in his shop for ages before he cut it loose ,great looking truck have fun RAY A in sf

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers for that, Ray and thanks for the compliment - I still get a kick out of how much folk like this thing. It had the new front and rear screen rubbers fitted before I got it but the front was leaking pretty badly as they'd been fitted dry. The rain was building up at the bottom corners of the screen and coming in between the rubber and screen frame; I've "gooed" it and now it seems to be finding its way in between the rubber and the glass. Oh well, it's dark and wet out there now... The universals on the door glass are probably my best bet for now as the originals are supposed to fit to the quarterlight rubbers - almost non existent in places - which I've now "rejuvenated" with some liquid rubber from a tube. Having fun is the intention - hopefully it will go through next week's m.o.t. without too much drama.

Official RnS Addict SpencerMoparFan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the MOT !

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerMoparFan View Post
    Good luck with the MOT !
    Thanks, mate... Been doing various small jobs when the rain has allowed, so pretty much everything works now. Still a bit concerned about the steering box play tho', we'll see what the tester says...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information