Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom 1949 Cadillac

Hi ..Have been into early Caddy for a while...have been a ford person most of my life (in my past the mid-70's) so I been hot rodding since mid 1950..once you drive a Caddy its all over red rover!!!!! This car was a Fleetwood 4 door and had been in a field for 20years plus and was virtually striped out..was ready for the crusher as the property had been sold ..just by chance a mate who cleaned up properties called in for a cupper and I saw it on the back of his tilt truck ..I'll have that and that was 25 years ago..sat in my driveway for 15years in line as projects do......this car is a RHD Australian delivery probably a diplomat vehicle..long wheel base.it needed a lot of fabrication to repair rust as it had been sitting in long grass with no wheels and was rotten about 10" right around.so I decided to make it into a 2 door and chop the top have lot of pics of this....I brought a wrecked 77 Deville and used all the running gear ...got lots of parts wire seats disk brakes ect:..took about 4 years to build and I was in my late 60's when i finished it...It runs a 425 BB Turbo 400 power steering electric locks electric windows 6 way electric seats power disks lowered 4" runs on Impco LPG fuel system and is very reliable and half the cost of petrol ...The paint is Candy apple green 6 layer..inside trim black leather seats with white tuck n roll door trims black carpet...Dolphin gauges with green back grounds.Lucas 700 headlights...Has had all the usual things replaced or repaired...all the rubber ware Chrome glass trim..ect: All the hang ons and jewelry ... bumpers over rider grill hub caps stainless trim..rear light assembly's . I had to get from US as it was all missing 99% of people would have let this go to the crusher but this is a rare car and I like cars that other people dont have..there is still a lot I can ramble about this car so may some more down the track?
    I have another project which was in worse condition which required a imported doner car to repair..I am about 3/4 way though this...1941 Cad Convert s62...I will start another thread for this car....ita a Custom as well

2. Likesdrseg, 296moon, steve1275, JackGriffin liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi...Ther are more photos click on to my images

5. Likesdave 62 pb liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That’s class. Love it

7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell you what chief, I'm knocking on the door of 60 and I want to be like you and keep on car building when I pass that particular milestone!!!

Fab car and good luck with ya ongoing project!!
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stude Star...Kustom Jim..........at 60 you have a lot years ahead of building to go...I'm 77 and have found the last 2 years I've slowed down a lot..worst is getting down on the floor and getting up again...I should have had 41 Caddy finished by now...I just take each day as it com

Last edited by avro539; 25-02-2019 at 21:55.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, after reading what you started with, I was fkn shocked to see the pics, what a fantastic job you have done there.
    I thought I was old at 57 LOL, Nice work Sir.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information