Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Henry Hirise a.k.a. Henry's been taken to the cleaners !

126K views 667 replies 128 participants last post by  mygasser 
#1 ·
Just taking the old boy to the sandlasters,and guess what-fuckin pissed it down !!:tdown:,ahwell its the trip back that needs to be dry !Bry

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hey Bry

Chuck the running gear back in and it wont look much different to when it was FIRST taken up to the bridge :lol: (im sure someone has pics of it some where)
You know what Vince your dead right -this pic taken at Slick Tricks Racing is from CC june 78,Hemi-Bucket (AL)told me he was running around in primer with a rover in him well before this shot-strikingly simular !! Bry

Attachments

#7 ·
Did you also find any red paint on one side ????

I had heard that before henry was all one colour the choice was between red or yellow, so ran around for a while with both colours left was yellow and right was red (or vicea versa) :tup:

#8 · (Edited)
Did you also find any red paint on one side ????

I had heard that before henry was all one colour the choice was between red or yellow, so ran around for a while with both colours left was yellow and right was red (or vicea versa) :tup:
Duno on that one mate -i havnt looked and in a day or so all the evidence will be gone ! No doubt Big AL(our officicial archievist) will be along shortly to tell us the story blow for blow ?

Nige !! First run out in the Camaro !Wuh-hoo ! you musta got a smile foom ear to ear ?Well done Mate !

#9 ·
Juat got back from the blasters,the old boy aint to bad at all,credit again to Keith Killock,for his hard work and preservation over the last 20 years,Callum the guy in the overalls is the MD of Broadblast ltd, and insisted in doing the job himself !,a top firm who i can absolutly recomend,straight in the booth for a coat of etch:happy:BTW £500 before you ask !

Broadblast Ltd Sheffield 0114 2754764

Attachments

#10 ·
Kin-Hell Bri, your not pissing around are. you......This is going to be a Good post for Sure..
Your going to need Bigger Wheels for the front Mate ..

Slick Tricks Racing there's a Name, if I'm right they started there firm on a Chicken or Maggot Farm anyway the place stunk, I remember Mick Halls took and left he's 55 there for some work....Big Mistake!! Mikey-Boy...I understand they took it out to see what it could do....Red Lining it Etc,Tis Tis..:roll:

Bob.....

#12 ·
Slick Tricks Racing there's a Name, if I'm right they started there firm on a Chicken or Maggot Farm anyway the place stunk
Bob.....
You nearly remember right Bob, but not quite! Henry & the Rat were built at Slick Tricks which was across a valley from the stinking maggot farm, Slick Trick Racing was the name of Stu's paint shop he opened in Forest Hill SE London after splitting with Roger, Rog still uses the name Slick One Engineering.

The car's looking good Bry, bodywork next? See you at the Drags.

#43 ·
but i want to know the story of that funky truck its being carted around on!
cool or what!
Wanna B....there's a lot of info about Bri, low loader on this forum.you know life is so fascinating see the photo below

And yes its the same truck and the owner was Roger Butterworth at that time ....Rog and I had just come back from France to buy Tri, Chevys and you can a 55 on the back of the truck.......Little did any one know at that time that both of them would be own by Bri, in the coming years......

Strange and small world we live in

Bob......

#13 ·
Thin coat of etch is now on to seal him from our crap atmosphere.

WannaB-i notice you live in Earl Shilton,if you wanna know about that old truck,ask around for an old boy called Roger Butterworth:lol:-He'll tell you all you need to know(SG57 on here )

Ive had to join the mk2 owners club (they are the sole suppliers for a lot of parts)i get the impresion the only do "stock restotred" and kinda look down on anyone chopping one about,the lovely lady was cross questioning me over the phone for quite a while,but i think she's now assured we are returning it back to how it was 30yrs ago:tup:,Bry

Attachments

#17 ·
Thin coat of etch is now on to seal him from our crap atmosphere.

Ive had to join the mk2 owners club (they are the sole suppliers for a lot of parts)i get the impresion the only do "stock restotred" and kinda look down on anyone chopping one about,the lovely lady was cross questioning me over the phone for quite a while,but i think she's now assured we are returning it back to how it was 30yrs ago:tup:,Bry
Seems to be very little in the way of serious rust and the chassis still lokks mighty strong.
Keep the updates coming. :D

#16 ·
Yea have been told that ,just never seems to answer his land line,Bry

#21 ·
Guys, the chassis is good because its new !(or was in 93)Gary Layton did tell me who built it,ill have to ask him again,so the guy gets his due credits.

Andy,John at golden days is furiously sourcing stuff for me -he was a great help when i recently did my MK1 Cortina.

Paul,why is that Roger nearly killing you didnt even make me blink:lol:

Ron/Bob,the pic's will be kept to a minimum,i can only take so much piss taking from you two clowns:wacky:

#23 ·
well i think it was you rog
several years back i was pushbikeing up carrs hill when an almighty rumble nearly caused me to fall off!.
thought it was an earthquake but then i was passed by a big white 56/57 chevy.seem to recall it being an estate version but it was a long time ago and i was in a state of shock LOL.

#24 ·
HaHaHa----GUILTY AS FUCK !!!!:tup::pmsl:

#26 ·
Hia Vince,thank you for the introduction to the guy involved with Roger Hornsby in the origonal build (to much drink to remember his name !! but he did give me Rodger's Number).

What i need is- A boot lock and catch

Front and rear lamps/and side lamps

Front and rear screen rubbers

Wiper arms and blades

The C O N S U L letters on the bonnet

A pair of door handles

(John @ Goldendays Ford is actually hunting down some transit
steereing bits for the front end)

Thanks Vince,P/M me if youve got owt,and it was a real pleasure to meet
some one who is really into there hobby -and drives the frikin tires off it !

#29 ·
Thanks Guys:happy:

#32 ·
Bryan, I have got a load of inner door handles off a mk1 Zodiac/Consul, dunno if they are the same...???

I bought my screen rubbers off John at Goldendays, although they are a bit 'big' compared to stock...:S

I have a spare mk1 boot lock, but no catch, again, I don't know if they are the same or not...

Gimme a shout, and I'll bring what you want to the HRD's...

:tup:

#34 ·
East kent trim do screen rubbers http://www.classiccar-trim.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/eastkent?opendocument&part=2

Ford Consul / Zephyr Mk. 2

• [*]Front Screen Rubber (Low Line................... £28.00
    [*]Rear Screen Rubber (Low Line) .................. £34.82
    [*]Front Windscreen Rubber (High Line) ............ £36.42
    [*]Rear Windscreen Rubber (High Line) ............. £36.42
    [*]Door Seal ...................................... £13.54
    [*]Door Window Channel ............................ £8.78
    [*]Door Glass Seal ................................ £3.50
    [*]Door Shut Coloured Edge Trim ................... £12.34
    [*]Boot Seal ...................................... £15.71
    [*]Headlining ..................................... £85.57
    [*]Carpet Set ..................................... £142.16

#35 ·
Thanks for the info guys, ive no doubt ill be in contact with you at some point,i think ive got a bit to do at the mo !,Bry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.