GM LS 5.3 L33 Alloy block with upgrades, 4L60E, PCM, software and LPG 30,000 miles
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Entry Info: GM LS 5.3 L33 Alloy block with upgrades, 4L60E, PCM, software and LPG 30,000 miles

Category:
Classifieds 1 Item (All details are required to post items in this section.)
Price
Condition of Item
Used
Description
A 5.3 Litre Vortec V8, 2005, low miles
Attachments
Likes Likes:  0
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie radiogareth's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

GM LS 5.3 L33 Alloy block with upgrades, 4L60E, PCM, software and LPG 30,000 miles

2018-08-15 10.57.38.jpg2018-08-15 10.57.46.jpg
    Be nice if this lovely package went into a rod....its on eBay also for a week. LS 5.3 litre L33 V8 with upgrades. I bought it as a salvage engine, replaced the sump and LHS cylinder head (accident damage that turned it into salvage) and upgraded a few bits after months of careful research.
    It has the cam and valve springs from a 33,000 mile 405HP LS2 (so by scaling the engine capacity you can estimate around 375HP and similar torque). Intake manifold is a real-deal LS6 with a stock DBW throttle body. LS1 fuel rail and injectors, ultrasonically cleaned at installation. Bottom pulley and water pump are from a 2004 Corvette. Rod bolts by ARP. Sump fitted suits the F-body and is a genuine GM part. Exhaust manifolds are dual skin stainless sheet metal types (Corvette 97-2000) with the RHS cut and re-welded to tuck even closer in to the block on the RHS. A Prins VSI LPG gas injection kit is also fitted along with a 'Flash-lube' valve-saver UCL system. The gearbox came from the same vehicle (GM Sierra 1500) but as it was 4WD I changed the tailshaft in the gearbox and added a new tailshaft housing with electronic speedo drive. The valve covers and front cam cover were powder coated blue when I assembled the engine. This hasn't fared well under the bonnet and is flaking off. No, the engine has not been 'cooked'. Even in last summers heatwave, stuck in traffic for an hour, it didn't boil up.
    It's currently running for inspection in a Mazda RX8 which I did the conversion on/into and have been driving trouble-free for 3 years and about 3,500 miles. Message me if you fancy the car too but it will be a 'sold as seen and described', I'm not a trader.
    The engine/trans/etc will be removed once full funds received via BACS (or in cash which I will pay in locally so I know it's real) before I release the engine.
    Inspection and viewing welcome and expected. Located Bromley Kent 20 minutes for M25 Junction 4 or 6. Yes you could buy a crate LS for 6K, but then add the rest. Here is a stand alone conversion with shortened and tidied loom, VATS removed PCM, upgrades and a great running tune to suit the changes, 3-wire hook-up (permanent live, fuel and spark), starter, alternator, various how-to GM books (build it, turbo it, upgrade the gearbox). Spare heads, a pair of 241's, skimmed -50 and cleaned by Knight Engine Services, a stock 241.Two damaged repairable heads, the original 799 and the spare 243 which had a dropped valve. (799 and 243 are the same heads cast in different factories). Various other spares like a head gasket, home-made valve spring compressor (JEGS copy) and odd bits and pieces that I might locate.

Message me if you are serious, come and view it running on petrol & LPG (no difference really).
    It's turn-key reliable and doesn't leak a drop of oil. On the LPG it cost me 12 p a mile on the motorway. Also comes with the HP Tuners tuning software and interface (£400) which allows you to tune EVERYTHING on the engine and the transmission and datalog whatever parameters you like. I limited myself to changing the throttle curve to make it drivable, (its a DBW) calibrating the speedo and changing the shift points for low-throttle shifts. Breaking loose EVERY time it shifted in the wet soon got boring ;-). There is an interface and software for the PRINS LPG ECU too. (£100)
    I've previously owned//built/worked on SBC, BBC and various other British engines. Without any shadow of a doubt, IMHO, the LS is a masterpiece of design and a joy to work on. Well-maintained you can get 200,000 miles from these engines, so 170,000 left.....(but no warranty!!)
    Collection will not be possible for the week beginning Saturday 9th March through to Sunday 17th. CASH or BACS only. Try me on 07905 927230, asking for Gareth. If I don't answer PLEASE leave a message and a good time to call back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone??
    Sensible offers??
    Gareth

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now with the whole car (Mazda RX8 with MOT), V5C, 3 keys, tank of LPG, all the stuff above and spare LS 241 heads.
    Drive it away lock, stock and barrel. £6K
    Gareth

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would consider a swap for a 50's panel van, not something that needs extensive welding though thanks ;-)

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect for my '56 panel van!
    I will be interested once one of my Lotuses have sold......
    And my big block and 700r4 too.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hah, the irony! Wife says I can't have a panel van until I sell the Mazda/LS but I suppose seeing it in someone else's panel van is a good second ;-)
    Any idea on timescale, not that we can predict who will buy stuff and when?
    Cheers
    Gareth

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still up for grabs, nicel 'baby LS2' with all the trimmings. Come and have a look.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by radiogareth View Post
    Hah, the irony! Wife says I can't have a panel van until I sell the Mazda/LS but I suppose seeing it in someone else's panel van is a good second ;-)
    Any idea on timescale, not that we can predict who will buy stuff and when?
    Cheers
    Gareth
    hi gareth,
    take the ls out and weigh the mazda in or sell it to the owners club spares guy cheap. then get your panel van and fit the ls. sorted.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give you a call next week once I have a huge ammount of work out of the way.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still available.....

Thread Information