Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Ford zodiac mk2 rear axle replacement for V8 upgrade

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chevy 1 
#1 ·
I am after a compatible replacement for my zodiacs rear axle as I'm going to be swapping the straight 6 OHV for a 302 V8.

If anyone knows what the width of the zodiacs axle is and what would be a suitable one to swap in for it that would be great?

If you have experience with a job like this and have any advice to offer it would be very appreciated.

The straight 6 will be up for grabs once it's out as its a very good reliable engine.

Thanks. Mike

#2 ·
Hi Mike ...We Have A Mk2 zephyr That runs A 302 ,,,We Are Using A Volvo Axle That came from The big v6 Model
The Diff ratio seams Fine , I Am Told varios diffs Are available For these ,,but ours Is ok For genaral Rd Use..
Tony Jarvis In Parsons Drove Wisbech ,Welded The Brakets Ect ,,plus We Now Have Rear The Rear Discs As Per standard On The Volvo, That will Come In Handy When you have Your 302 Up front , Im Not to far From Lynn If You need To see it ,,
Just PM Me Anytime ,,,,,,Cheers Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.