Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Question4 link /bar question?

hiya, i have 30mm clearance between my 4 bars and the inside walls of my tires, do you think this is ok or is it too close, the car is heavily tubbed and things are very tight,what kind of clearance have you guys got and have you had any problems with tires touching the link bars? thanks in advance tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Supercharged 461 cu in prostreet70gto's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have got 18.50x33x15 Mickey Thompson's under the back of my gto, with around 2 inches of clearance on the backside of the tyres from the chassis rails. What you have to remember about a 4 bar setup is the sideways arc which on mine is around 1 1/2 inches at full float and thats with a panard bar to hold it in line at rest. so id say you are gonna have issues unless you can run something other than a panard bar to keep it square
    One word can say so much.....BLOWN

Official RnS Addict Dragsterbus's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats pretty much the min amount you want but it should be ok
    The Intergalactic Custom Shop , Tube chassis and roll cages, Drag cars built, Traditional panel work, Steel and Aluminium Tig welding,Wheeling,lead work,roof chops,Hotrod and Kustom work ,mag wheels wanted

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petrolhead View Post
    hiya, i have 30mm clearance between my 4 bars and the inside walls of my tires, do you think this is ok or is it too close, the car is heavily tubbed and things are very tight,what kind of clearance have you guys got and have you had any problems with tires touching the link bars? thanks in advance tony
    Assemble it all together WITHOUT the springs , sit the car on axle stands then move axle ,wheels and tyres in every possible direction , full travel , tilt and diagonally . If it interferes "anywhere" you will have trouble at some point in the future .

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the responces guys, i have a rose jointed diagonal link between the 2 lower link bars so no side travel on axle during movement up and down, im just worried as im running 29/18.5/15 and i intend on a bit of drag action and im just concerned that when the tires are let down for traction that they may touch .

prostreet70gto
    I have got 18.50x33x15 Mickey Thompson's under the back of my gto, with around 2 inches of clearance on the backside of the tyres from the chassis rails. What you have to remember about a 4 bar setup is the sideways arc which on mine is around 1 1/2 inches at full float and thats with a panard bar to hold it in line at rest. so id say you are gonna have issues unless you can run something other than a panard bar to keep it square

have you had any issues when they are low pressure? cheers for your help , tony

Supercharged 461 cu in prostreet70gto's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I run with 10lbs pressure for daily driving with no probs. With that size of tyre you hardly notice when they are flat, you notice more when they are over-inflated. Plus they get taller and skinny when racing. I do know people that have had problems when doing oval track racing though, because then you can get side scrub that rubs the inside of one wheel and the outer on the other if the body is near it
    One word can say so much.....BLOWN

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi
    ive read befor that the diagonal link you have is a no no for street use.
    might be worth a little research

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    hi
    ive read befor that the diagonal link you have is a no no for street use.
    might be worth a little research
    Absolutely correct and I know that loads of people will now say that they have used them successfully for years. Read the links that Kev has posted, they are just two of many from US based chassis shops.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petrolhead View Post
    thanks for the responces guys, i have a rose jointed diagonal link between the 2 lower link bars so no side travel on axle during movement up and down, im just worried as im running 29/18.5/15 and i intend on a bit of drag action and im just concerned that when the tires are let down for traction that they may touch .

prostreet70gto

have you had any issues when they are low pressure? cheers for your help , tony
    Ur not listening ! Under torque ur "chassis" may touch top of your tyre on initial plant at start line if u dont av enuf clearance !
    Remove ur springs and wobble ur axle !
    Later !
    Last edited by ELECTRIC20; 06-01-2011 at 02:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information