Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fxdl View Post
    personally i dont know a muncie from a hole in the head, but if it was sold as a muncie and it isnt, surely its a missrepresetation
    ttfn glenn
    Just tying to be devils advacut (sp?) here but the tag does hav Muncie on it, and it is a 5speed and its got apperently a V8 bellhousing.
    On that rational it is what it was sold as.
    BUT not what it was bought as, if you catch my drift.
    If I was a trader and you came to me wanting a manual gearbox to go on the back of a warmed over small block, I would sugest you get one that has a torque rating higher than you need, to assure long life. If you are putting a car or whatever together useing a small block and a manual box, no matter if you say "it will be driven sensibly" you wont! its got a V8 and a manual box you will give it stick, because you can. And I definatly would not sell you a box with the **** gear ratios like that the one you have been sold.
    So in my opinion was the gearbox as advertized, I think it was sorry.
    Was it what you want. No
    Was it what need, No
    Was it sold to you corectly, No.
    Thems my thoughts, If you want me to but out and carry on playing with Early Ford stuff, I will.
    Thanks for reading. And remember this is only my opinion.
    Good luck on sorting this out.
    Martin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    This will teach me to google traders first,

NSRA have closed my post on this same topic, seems that they see no wrong in Dr Dee treating nsra members in this way, i thought that the club were supposed to stick with there members when this sort of treatment goes on right under thier noses, but Dr Dee is still allowed to carry on posting his misleading adverts,

I now have to decide what to do with this box, use it or sell it,

Trouble is i have asked a couple of gearbox companies in the US about this box and getting flywheel and clutch etc, but they seem to think i have the front end of a NV3500 and the rear end of a NV1500.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stueeee View Post
    AFAIK, Muncie boxes are so-called after where they were made, same as Saginaw (MI) boxes. One of New Venture's facories is at Muncie, Indiana.
    100% agree with ya on that, and the 4 speed M20,M21,and M22, are the "muscle car" boxes that are so coveted even today,
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    100% agree with ya on that, and the 4 speed M20,M21,and M22, are the "muscle car" boxes that are so coveted even today,
    Thanks, looking for low rpm at motorway speeds,

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What rear axle/tyre size you running?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roofer View Post
    This will teach me to google traders first,

NSRA have closed my post on this same topic, seems that they see no wrong in Dr Dee treating nsra members in this way, i thought that the club were supposed to stick with there members when this sort of treatment goes on right under thier noses, but Dr Dee is still allowed to carry on posting his misleading adverts,

I now have to decide what to do with this box, use it or sell it,

Trouble is i have asked a couple of gearbox companies in the US about this box and getting flywheel and clutch etc, but they seem to think i have the front end of a NV3500 and the rear end of a NV1500.
    I get irritated when traders (or individuals) don't return a proper answer to a very direct and specific question about the product or service they are offering - (and then only gives answers to questions that haven't even been asked) - they can't be taken seriously when you are buying an item - you ain't goona get any back-up from them. Some of the American traders do exactly that - its impossible to get straight answers to questions asked - which is why I would always suggest that major purchases like transmissions and engines should be sourced if possible within the UK (unless you can get a personal recommendation)- you then have consumer rights, especially when you buy in person using a credit card. It remind me of the 'pavement' car sellers over here who allways have vehicles for sale outside their houses - you ask them a question about the car and get the response "don't ask me mate, you probably know more about this car than me" - time to walk away.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see why the other guy couldn't use it behind a flathead with that integral bellhousing, so did you pay him or DD? To be honest, it seems you both suffered from a lack of research into what you actually needed - we've all bought stuff that we thought sounded like what we needed. T5 5-speeds are all the rage, and S-10 gets mentioned a lot too as a good source, but all these different transmissions are a bit of a minefield today. Even in the good old days of four-speeds you could still get your fingers burnt if you didn't know exactly what you were looking at.

That all said, if you paid DD, he is a trader so all sales-talk aside, he has some obligations to fulfil. Unfortunately, unless he sees this episode as a potential killer for future business and decides to make good, it may just end up as an expensive lesson.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Yes it is an expensive lesson indeed, I paid Chris from the NASC who point blank refuses to talk on the phone (only text) Chris was sent this box as a T5, so DD passed me onto him to help them both out,

DD seems to be very persistant in commiting suicide for his business in the uk all over a very misleadoing advert, & a refund of £445.

I have been doing a bit of digging on Daryl Elliot and i am very shocked this person can still walk, from people in the UK and the US and also other US gearbox supplieas who are fed up withone person putting a cowboy trader name to thier own business.

I had tried the sensible approach fro over two months and was told i was a typical british rodder, says it all really.

From now on i only buy from british traders with a credit card and a google search first.

Thanks Roofer

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Nice Darren,,,, right let's roll & let all see the facts on this issue.... you seem to conveniently left out my direct e-mails back to you and the facts concerning this matter.... As we all know there are always 2 sides to a issue / story such as yours... now here comes my side of the story FACTS ONLY!

Posts from the other side.................... again Darren blasts away then i respond........with facts not BS

Quote:
    Originally Posted by roofer
    [email protected] to me
    show details 4:27 PM (2 hours ago)

Go ahead a blame others for your mistakes.... it's a lot easer ...you did not check..trans for your application before your bought it & now 6 months after you bought trans is now not what you want to use ............... fine sell it and move on....Here is the responce from Dr Dee.
    ;

Nice edit job Darren.... here are previous e-mails you sent me & i returned back to you today

LAST E-MAIL YOU SENT ME
    Ok have it your way,

I have posted this dispute on the folling forums;

NSRA UK
    NSRA USA
    Chevy Truck forum
    Rods N sods
    Piston Heads
    NASC
    Uk classics

And many more, Dont say you were not warned,

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:27 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
    Go ahead a blame others for your mistakes.... it's a lot easer ...you did not check..trans for your application before your bought it & now 6 months after you bought trans is now not what you want to use ............... fine sell it and move on....

In a message dated 1/5/2011 8:09:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

2nd LAST E-MAIL YOU SENT....
    They were right about you , you *flip*ing stitch you will pay for this

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:05 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
    In a message dated 1/4/2011 11:30:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

1st E-MAIL YOU SENT TO ME...........
    Hi Daryl. Ref; Muncie 5 speed which turn out to be a much lesser new venture 3500.

I am very dissapointed to find that the gearbox sold to me is nat as described and not suitable for my intended application that you were fully aware of.

I am at the stage of my trucks rebuild and am very dissapointed at what i have been sold, this has also brought this stage of my rebuild to a complete halt,

I look forward to your reply.

Darron

Hello Darren sorry to hear about this.... transmission was sold as new series GM / Muncie transmission & is just that.

Transmision had original GM ID tags & codes on transmission.... identifying transmission .
    Before transmission was shipped it was brought to Twin City Transmissions / 40 years in business & they ID'd trans as late model GM 5 speed Muncie transmission most likely out of 2002/2004 Chevy S10 truck

Darron why will trans not work for your application?????????
    No reply from above ? from Darren.

Regards Daryl
    ************************************************** ***************************
    PS: As stated above.... Darren you 've had this trans since prox Aug 2010.... / 6 months.... and now you bring your complaint a public form.... i'm fine with that BUT lets all look @ facts......
    I've chat'd with Mike Fortes on this trans he stated these new series Muncie T5 are much improved & stronger trans then the old 1980's T-5 trans... as i originaly stated.

This trans is as stated... if you are building a 500+ HP street & strip hot rod your right this trans is not the one for that kind of use that would be a new TKO 600 trans or a Dough Nash 5 speed or O'll Muncie M21 or Super T-10

Perhaps it would be best as 1 fellow stated to sell this trans and purchase 1 of the above mentioned severe duty transmissions.

The trans is in like new condition with very low miles would serve well in a street rod 'im sure some one here on the NSRA site or other sites would gladly pay what you paid for this transmission.

HARD FASTS

Darren bought this 5 speed new series MUNCIE trans as tagged with GM factory tags inplace
    6+ MONTHS AGO... he had full knowlage and proof of transmissions ID as seen in photos he has posted and 1 posted when trans was for sale.

Trans was sold to him as a 5 speed MUNCIE GM transmission and that is exsactly what this tranny is a LATE modle GM 5 speed Muncie transmission as seen in photos
    Photo of MUICIE 5 SPEED DARREN BOUGHT FROM CHRIS.... clearly seen in photo it is a MUNCIE 5 SPEED all tags are still on tranny

This transmission is in like new condition with VERY few miles on it and @ 440 GBP was a excellent price...these transmissions sell in the UK and Europe for as much as 2X the price

Darren had full knowlage of this transmissions ID & spec's & all original GM ID tags where on this transmission before he bought this trans .... and had plenty of time to do all the research he needed to do to issure this trans would suit his needs BEFORE HE BOUGHT THE TRANSSMISSION

Darren had all the time in the world to research this transmissions ID BEFORE HE BOUGHT IT 6+ MONTHS AGO..... 6+ months go bye & now he claims this transmission does not suit his needs?

This transmission was sold to Darren as stated a new series GM 5 speed Muncie transmission

I cannot see why for any reason this transmisson would not suit Darrens needs... for a MILD SBC
    engine street rod use 10's of 1.000's of these have been used for his application world wide
    it is a excellent transmission for the money spent.
    And well suited for street rod use....

I have asked Darren to explain to me why this trans will not suit his application ( a mild SBC engine . 305 cid i believe ) and NO reply or responce was ever .........sent??????????????????? as seen in his e-mail responces.... there's a BIG ? mark

Best regards Daryl

Last edited by Dr.Dee; 10-01-2011 at 17:55.
    [B]Owner [COLOR="DarkRed"] FASTCO AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTS USA LLC , 30+ building American HP....& NUT'S FOR NITRO!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Talking ****e agian Daryl, Have you seen yourself on google (cobra) ring to mind (and many others) can prove if need be, the gearbox is one half nv3500 on half 1500. will not stand to even the mild torque i intent to put through it.

You also sold this to Chris as a T5, Why,(the wrong gearbox again) Ill tell you why, coz you are full of ****e,

If you answered emails fron two monthes ago you will understand why i have notified all forums that i visit (of my personal apinoin of yourself). GOOGLE yourself Dr Dee, AKA Daryl Elliot and ask yourself, WHY WHY WHY do i continuously stich people up in the uk & in the USA.

I will answer that for you shall i, coz the good rodders of the US wont use your ****e services any more so once again you have turned your attentions to the UK, the same reason why i am now told you left the Uk in the first place,

All of this could have been resolved very reasonably but you seem to rely on small print etc, you had your choice,

This is the first time i have ever had a trader refuse to talk on the phone ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Good servive travels slowly over a long period, bad news travels at the speed of sound (don garlits)

You made your bed you had your chances, now you seffer the results,

You had every chance to resulve this matter even before i posted anything on any forum Uk & US, your choice was to tell me to learn a lesson sell the gearbox and move on,

So Daryl Elliot AKA Dr Dee/fastco auto you made your bed now lye in it. Move on to the next sucker. END OF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information