Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I'm a grown up member now ! ChrisS's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darron
    I'm not hiding anything, just don't see this as the place to air this. But as you seem intent on claiming I am at fault I better see if I can show others here I'm an innocent party in all this.I've been searching back to look for original advert I contacted Daryl over. The original T5 advert has been deleted, but this is interesting. Found this by Daryl just before he advertised the T5 I bought but resulted in the Muncie arriving.
    T-5 trans from 97 S10 / 80,000 miles - NSRA Forum
    I think this is the 'box in question. Note this is NOT the advert I responded to, that was for a T5 from an early S10.
    A reply points out that the S10 used a NV3500 after 97. So should be fine with a SBC. Flat Ernie knows his S10 'boxes too.

This is the advert YOU responded to from Daryl (NOT me), Chevy / MUNCIE 5 speed transmission low miles - NSRA Forum
    I also have the PMs from Daryl telling me your details etc etc. So it is blatantly obvious I was just passing the 'box on for Daryl. You seem to think I knew the 'box was wrong for your car. However I had no idea what the box was, only that I couldn't make it work with a Flathead. I made no assertions of the 'box's origins. I assumed you had checked it out with Daryl.

Regarding your post above. As I stated call me with an apology for accusing me of stitching you up and we can talk. Best time is between 7pm and 8pm tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Chirs, I have been trying very hard to find out which box i actually have, first i was tols i had an nv1500 both from members and a well known supplier, but when i sent some detailed pics i was then told i had an nv3500, but when i gave the measurements of the main shaft inc splines and tai drive details the problem then started, i have now been told buy two different suppliers that i have a bit of a mish mash of a gearbox, so excuse me for being ****ed off,

If i purchase my flywheel and clutch kit for this box and the box internals turn out to be that of an nv1500 then i might as well stuck with the box i origionally had in the first place, (something thad daryl seems to forget about) that would be even more £££ down the drain,

So you will understand why i wont sell this box on to another rodder.

This will be my last post on this topic.

PS; nsra moderators need to get a back bone & stop supporting a trader who clearly has such a bad history and get behind one of thier members,

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darron

I have just read the whole thread and I can see that The relay of information to both you and Chris has been misleading.

I am Chris's friend and have known him for more years than I car to remember (no obffence Chris) and Chris is not the type of person who is trying to stitch you up. We have both put nearly 3 decades of blood sweat and tears into this sport and our reputation certainly preceeds us. And that may be a biased view but I am pretty ****ed that this has become a slanging match over a gearbox. Something that given time could be sorted..

I am not familiar with T5's and muncies and I wouldnt know one if you threw it at me....but I would probably throw it back. As I said earlier, Chris has been mislead over the original box that was delivered to him and then got charged 70 quid and had to drive to Wimbledon to pick it up. Chris was doing a favour to this Daryl fella in the States, by delivering it to you. Doing deals from the States can be very jubious, I ahve heard several stories of stuff being sourced and being delivered incorrectly or never being shipped. Unless you go through someone like Kerry at Originals or Russ Pepper and Richard at R and R, to name a couple it could end in tears

Rant over.

Paul
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

r

[

Reply to above post, by pepsi max,

you wrote, "that you were pretty ****ed that this has became a slanging match, something that given time could be sorted.."

I tried to sort out this problem but when people refuse to talk on the phone & only buy text messages then i started to get suspicious about the whole deal, ChrisS was missold a box just like i was, chrisS is piggy in the middle. (forgive the pun) Daryl just tells me to contact chris, So what should i do, coz i am left out of pocket, I have tried to obtain help from the nsra who state that they have looked into the three people involved but they have not asked me anything !!

I have told the nsra that if i see any more adverts from Dr Dee that i will no longer wish to be a member of a club that has no interest in there members, tonight Dr Dee has been alowed to post more adverts so my membership will not be re-newed this year,

Shame.

I would like to thank all the british traders who i have been using over the years who have all stuck to the deal that was made,

Rant over. Darron

Anyone want a gearbox that is one half NV3500 & one half NV1500.
    Last edited by roofer; 12-01-2011 at 20:33. Reason: typ o

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darron, I hate to be the one that says it but this has been going round in ever decreasing circles for far too long now.
    Between you, Chris and Fastco, there has been a lack of communication of epic proportions. The NSRA have no involvement in this, yet you still try to hold them responsible. Likewise R'n'S has no involvement in this yet we seem to be being drawn into it. Enough is enough. Can you please sort this out between the three of you? If you can't, I see no benefit in prolonging this thread as it is going nowhere. If you feel you have a claim, seek advice from trading standards and let us know what they say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information