Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Air bubbles

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  brading 
#1 ·
I've been struggling to get my brakes sorted, everything is either new or new parts inside. The pedal travels to the floor but the pads are gripping the discs (4 discs) about half way. Tonight I tried with a one man bleed kit & I've found that the L/H rear caliper when bled keeps producing bubbles. Is the caliper faulty or have I gotta just keep going? Thanks

#5 ·
Sounds like you may have an air leak somewhere. My mate had a similar problem and gravity bled them. Open all the bleed nipples, put a bowl under them and fill the M/C until fluid comes out of all the nipples at the same time. That way you know that system'sfull- then nip up the bleed nipples.

#7 ·
Yes I bled the master cylinder then fixed it to the booster under cab. It's strange how it's just the n/s rear that's got the air bubbles. The T piece is nearest to this side aswell. Interesting idea johnny, no pressing of the pedal?

#8 ·
is the master under the cab floor? if so the gravity method probably won't work as the bleed nipples may be higher than the master. a method i've used on commercial stuff works. get a pump up garden sprayer and cut the 'gun' off the hose, fill with brake fluid and pump the fluid in through the bleed nipple 'til the air comes out of the master. messy but it works.

#12 ·
i'd go with all of that guy, except the furthest first part. i've always bled closest to the master first and worked away as i figure you're working any air away from the master to the furthest point that way. always works for me and your way obviously works for you and others. i guess therefore it doesn't matter as long as you end up with bubble free fluid at each nipple :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.