Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Anti rust treatments???

Years ago I sprayed the inside of my doors etc with waxoyl n thought all was awesome, some years later I looked in the panels n the stuff was cracked where it had been applied thickly. So, I don't think the stuff is that great. I think a better idea is to spray in old engine oil that's nice n thick n sticky.

What do you lads think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been treating my old stuff for years with mixes of old engine oil, Waxoyl, liquid grease etc. Always liked it, as the way my stuff gets used, hard coatings tend to get damaged. Gooey stuff just gets a bit more applied each year.
    Just done the underside of my Pinto with Waxoyl underseal. Will give it a few weeks to go off properly then will use a well thinned (with white spirit) mix of oil and Waxoyl rustproofer applied with a pump up garden sprayer - should get to all the box sections and nooks and grannies. Some would argue against the acidic elements in used oils, but my old Spitfires and thehlike didn't seem to mind..
    This stuff looks interesting... https://www.lanoguard.co.uk/products...-marine-liquid

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information