Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

chassis books....

this seemed the best place to put this, i have read and will be be hopefully getting hold of a copy of Dave Morgan's 'doorslammers: the chassis book' however i have vague memories of another equally good drag chassis book being around a few moons ago, unfortionatly it seems (google serching) i can't remember its name douh!!! what i do remember is the fridge explination, push high it's falls over push low it falls on you etc.... think CC used this i an article years ago???? anyone have any ideas??? or surgestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: chassis books....

Quote Originally Posted by sickntwisted View Post
    this seemed the best place to put this, i have read and will be be hopefully getting hold of a copy of Dave Morgan's 'doorslammers: the chassis book' however i have vague memories of another equally good drag chassis book being around a few moons ago, unfortionatly it seems (google serching) i can't remember its name douh!!! what i do remember is the fridge explination, push high it's falls over push low it falls on you etc.... think CC used this i an article years ago???? anyone have any ideas??? or surgestions??
    the article was in Street Machine and was about the theory of 4 bars. What they we're actually explaining was setting up the instant center of a 4 bar and in reality the subject is a tad more in depth and with more considerations than shunting a fridge.

A good book I bought and read recent was Chassis Engineering, fairly cheap off Amazon. Read the whole book, all subjects are interlinked and to jump to designing 4 bars, you should really understand the other principlies explained earlier in the book. Most of it you'll probably already know but you'll be surprised how granular you can be with calculations and other titbits which you pickup. Only criticism is that it doesn't really cover McPhersn strut front suspension and tends to focus old yank based set up and oval track designs.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil, there's very little out there for Mac struts and it takes a fair amount of research plus hands on trial and error to work it out. They are deceivingly complicated for such a simple looking set up.
    Like all chassis and suspension work it's also being truthful with yourself about the vehicles intended purpose , a full time stripcar is totally different from a weekend ( once or twice a year ) warrior style set up .

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    a full time stripcar is totally different from a weekend ( once or twice a year ) warrior style set up .
    good point Kev, lots of people end up with cars that are undrivable by taking on attributes of designs that emerged from the track, ie gassers with steering wobble, pro street cars tramlining on the motorway, slammed cars bottoming out, running spools etc on the street. Like you say, you have to be realistic about the intended use.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie pitsspecial's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a read of this.....mite be of some help to you;

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/i...A_Drag_Car.htm

All the best,
    Di n Dave....(DJ)
    designed in a pub....... built in a shed..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information