Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Official RnS Addict shorty's shaker's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

eaton m45 supercharger on ford x flow?

eaton m45 supercharger on ford x flow? friend of mine is after any info ref this sort of conversion if doable with the eaton

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Course its doable. But the problem I feel will be the pistons, and the compression ratio. Lots of times folk will use a "de compression plate" To lift the head up and away from the pistons, and lowering the comp ratio. In my mind this is a **** idea, and counter productive. Sure it lowers the comp ratio, the idea being that you can bung more pressure in with less detonation risk. The problem is thus. when you move the head away from the entire piston crown/dish you loose your squish or quench area, twix the piston and the head surface. When you loose this squish/quench the chamber becomes MORE prone to detination. See? Counter produtive. Dont know if you can get them, but if I were doing it, I'd want a lower compression ratio piston (deeper dish with a crossflow) that kept the top edges of the piston right up the top where they should be for good tight Quench.
    Martin.
    The rest of it is brakets and pulleys and ratios and manifold. Do that in a sandwich brake

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fitted a shorock c75 blower to a over bored 1500 triumph spitfire motor which i had in my hot rod minor. it ran fine with no problems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooder View Post
    Course its doable. But the problem I feel will be the pistons, and the compression ratio. Lots of times folk will use a "de compression plate" To lift the head up and away from the pistons, and lowering the comp ratio. In my mind this is a **** idea, and counter productive. Sure it lowers the comp ratio, the idea being that you can bung more pressure in with less detonation risk. The problem is thus. when you move the head away from the entire piston crown/dish you loose your squish or quench area, twix the piston and the head surface. When you loose this squish/quench the chamber becomes MORE prone to detination. See? Counter produtive. Dont know if you can get them, but if I were doing it, I'd want a lower compression ratio piston (deeper dish with a crossflow) that kept the top edges of the piston right up the top where they should be for good tight Quench.
    Martin.
    The rest of it is brakets and pulleys and ratios and manifold. Do that in a sandwich brake
    Not forgetting what the plates do to rocker geometry , just like skimming the head too much for the other extreme.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Nuttier than squirrel shit

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information