Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie boblester40's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ethanol in fuel is only to decrease the environmental impact , Fuel prices rising to try and force electric , not likely.

What do you think the likely response of an alternative to oil will be in the market ? it is more likely the prices will fall to keep everyone in there oil burners

the fluctuations we see in fuel prices are not tax related i.e governmental , they are results of the stock exchange , supply and demand changes

All though 57.95% per litre is tax currently in the uk , you can bet they will reduce the cost of the other 42.05% as much as they can to keep people buying it

We are at a tipping point with the introduction of the new tesla , another 10 years there will be even more competition to oil
    Last edited by boblester40; 24-07-2019 at 14:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post
    Its fkn crap mate. LPG has been here since 1973 they cant perfect it even to this day, its like electric junk..... an expensive compromise. LOL
    The compromise IS the problem with running lpg. Lpg is about 110 octane but your timing needs to be set so when on petrol it won't pink like buggery. I plan on running only lpg so the timing can be advanced accordingly for better performance. As far as valves and seats not lasting with lpg the same to some degree is true of unleaded fuel. From my own experience it takes 2-3 years of hard daily driving to burn valves and or seats on old type engines with no hardened seats fitted. So on a car that won't be used daily it'll be a long time before it's an issue for me and then I can fit ally heads with hardened seats which'll last even longer.
    Mind you my glass is half full
    Neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

4. Likeskapri liked this post
    Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Thats why i am no longer a partner. It was a great source of revenue for servicing and fixing bad installs but bad for own reputation for the constant upkeep and tinkering required. That combined with a tight arse customer base was a recipe for disaster (refused to do a 1.2 corsa once and he got it done elsewhere and asked me to fix it the tosser)
    It didnt have to big miles to do the valves and seats in either, it used to burn past in a near perfect slot across the seating face and that was the end of some engines.
    Water and flash lube additive injection helped to solve this in most cases but it was just another variable to balance in the set up. Nice when its tip top and running well but needs regular attendance and inspection.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weldtech View Post
    Thats why i am no longer a partner. It was a great source of revenue for servicing and fixing bad installs but bad for own reputation for the constant upkeep and tinkering required. That combined with a tight arse customer base was a recipe for disaster (refused to do a 1.2 corsa once and he got it done elsewhere and asked me to fix it the tosser)
    It didnt have to big miles to do the valves and seats in either, it used to burn past in a near perfect slot across the seating face and that was the end of some engines.
    Water and flash lube additive injection helped to solve this in most cases but it was just another variable to balance in the set up. Nice when its tip top and running well but needs regular attendance and inspection.
    Correct in every way. I can tell you know your ****.
    People think the cheap 2 grand kits will work like the factory fitted stuff.
    Works great in Holland where there are no hills and you dont need to press the throttle LOL
    Watch some of the You tube mechanic Vids, fkn scary how much they think THEY know, frightening the fact that goons will start (trying) to fix their car off a fk useless internet vid done for 'likes' Crazy

Fkn snowflakes giving props to some prick they dont know.... about a job they cant do ....from a vid that has been cut a 100 times while the ****s cover up the bit they cant do on camera,..... ****es me off....in case you cant tell LOL

68roadrunner

8. Likesweldtech, kapri liked this post
    American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post
    Correct in every way. I can tell you know your ****.
    People think the cheap 2 grand kits will work like the factory fitted stuff.
    Works great in Holland where there are no hills and you dont need to press the throttle LOL
    Watch some of the You tube mechanic Vids, fkn scary how much they think THEY know, frightening the fact that goons will start (trying) to fix their car off a fk useless internet vid done for 'likes' Crazy

Fkn snowflakes giving props to some prick they dont know.... about a job they cant do ....from a vid that has been cut a 100 times while the ****s cover up the bit they cant do on camera,..... ****es me off....in case you cant tell LOL

68roadrunner
    lol, keep them rants going mate, you've taken over from me lol, think we're in the grumpy old *******s club now

10. Likesmygasser, kapri liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8.jimmy View Post
    lol, keep them rants going mate, you've taken over from me lol, think we're in the grumpy old *******s club now
    LOL Its all good fella. Realism hurts most of todays society, folk are scared of it

.....IMO

68roadrunner

12. Likeskapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Didn't use my drag car for 12 months after Shakey closed, found a leak on the carb, following the story in Street Machine about the hoses I checked them and you could see the fissures so changed them all, second time out got stopped on the line @ Dragstalgia due to a drip of oil, couldn't find oil leaking anywhere so ran it in the pits and got it hot, suddenly realised had a pool of petrol under the front below the fuel pump, yep Holley blue top leaking, we reckon the ethanol did for the seals in that as well

Luckily its an altered so open chassis car, I dread to think what it would have been like in a doorslammer with petrol leaking onto a hot engine

Nasty stuff particularly when its only the vapour
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only use Shell VPower Superunleaded in the Vette - what Ethanol content does that have?

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscobbc View Post
    I only use Shell VPower Superunleaded in the Vette - what Ethanol content does that have?
    as far as I'm aware, none, but I'll get a definitive from Shell.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free Road Tax, cheap insurance, HISTORIC, and No MOT anybody, now fuel that will either burn your ride to the ground or damage the engine so it cant be used ,, Hmm is it just me and my tinfoil hat or is there an element at work here to rid the streets of old junk.. ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information