Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Fiat Twin Cam on Bike Carbs

Started this as a new thread - following my issues with ignition and then finding a carb issue I'm looking at outing the twin 45's and replacing with a set of bike carbs. I think I much prefer a set of bike carbs as I've played with these a lot more, having run my 1800 Zetec lump on a set of GSXR600 carbs for years. Never went off the boil or needed fiddling with! So Has anybody any experience of Bike Carbs on a 2ltr Twincam -if so what carb set did you use and roughly what size main and pilots did you run? (Just gives me a starting point) Not sure if anyone supplies an inlet manifold as standard for one, if so that will dictate choice of carbs. Any tips gratefully received!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to hearing what results you get as I've got a Fiat TC in a minor that could do with better carburation than stock. As stock, there always seems to be flatspots and off idle hesitation with these engines, and I thought a pair of dellortos may solve it, but as engine is out the car just now, will be a longer term project. Best carburation on a Fiat was the twin downdrafts fitted to the 1600's, but these will be like hen's teeth. I'm sure Bogg brothers will do an intake though.

Pete

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The twin downdraught Solexes did give plenty of oomph on my 1608cc 124 Sport, but with an attendant 16mpg! If you should find a pair of these carbs and manifold be careful as Fiat in their wisdom made the later engine with a totally different block and head and the bits aren't interchangeable even though they look superficially the same. The chap to talk to is Guy Croft (Googlable) who's spent a lifetime tuning these engines.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update 1 Bogg bros will do a manifold for the Fiat TC cost £243 inc VAT, just let them know what carbs you're using. Looking for a set of either 38mm or 40mm carbs at the moment. Have got the Webers sorted a couple of O rings had perished got them replaced and things are better, although just waiting for them to go out of tune again!. Guy Croft very knowledgable but seems to want £35 just to join his forum, his book on tuning these motors is over £100.
    Got a local guy who has said he'll be able to fabricate a manifold as well so see what he will charge. Will update once I have the carbs etc, should be pretty straightforward. Not expecting any big gains in the horses as already on Webers. Just it shouldbe a lot more stable.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not a bad price. I also thought of a pair of SU's as i've got a pair of 1 3/4's from a tuned MGB engine I used years ago. i presume Bogg brothers would do an intake for them too.

Pete

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used 40 Dellortos on a 2ltr twin cam in a Sunbeam on Mangoletsi inlet, worked far better than the DCOEs

Might I suggest that you change the 45s to 40s as It could be overcarbed
    I got the carbs from Robin Chan at Contact Developments in Reading I don't know if the firm is still there.
    There was another firm in London ..........FSE (Fuel System Enterprises)

Middle Barton Garage do Abath type stuff
    Probably that's all useless information

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    An update on the bike carbs - had an issue with the local guy fabricating the manifold, but company called pepper performance are making me a kit should be with me next week (sub £100!). I've now got a set of ZX6R carbs and jetted them up to roughly where I had the Zetec on the same size carbs. 155 mains and 20 pilots. Reason I went with these carbs are there are 3 bikes that although have different setups the spacing is identical so if I need to replace then I have a choice of 3. Carbs are 38mm Further update once we have the manifold on and the carbs on

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information