Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Official RnS Addict Cornishtiger's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Down in the weeds is the plan. Dark green, black roof. Loud pipes otherwise standard to keep costs as low as possable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good mod to the '64 is to fit the disc brakes from the '65 - really helps the stopping power

I drove a 64 once and was horrified how poor the brakes were !

Also I fitted a front anti-roll bar to mine - absolutely transformed the handling to a point it almost can negotiate roundabouts at speed

I had many engine/gearbox mods in mine but that will kill your budget by the sounds of it

Good Luck with the project

Malc

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I need '65 4 pots and discs on mine.
    '62 Ford Thunderbird
    '81 Datsun Bluebird SSS Turbo
    '81 Datsun Bluebird SSS

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
    Well its a 1970 amc javelin with a 1963 427 fe 4v motor fitted just bought a set of mustang fe headers and hopeing they will fit as it wil make manufacturing the exhaust,s much easyer .I am in the middle of fitting a disc setup on the front to change it from drum,s then ile fitt the headers and going 2.5 inch stainless with 2 boms so should make some noise .Seem to strugle to upload pictures but will try so if they dont work ile try again .The only thing is with the amc taking all my spare time my 69 charger and my no1 72 chevelle [going to be supercharged ] are getting neglectid .Many people keep telling me to pull the motor and sell it but the car looks so nice i think it will perform q
    Sell the engine to finance an all AMC car - source a 390 or 401 lump, some ally heads and you'll have a unique car - AMC stuff back in early 70's were running rings around GM & Ford in their compact sedans - they just didn't have the budget to go far enough - some images of my '68 343 Javelin back in 1975ish!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscobbc View Post
    The simplest visual ID for a 'performance' Ford 427 will possibly have 'cross bolted' main bearings - look down side of engine to where oil pan is bolted to underside of engine block - it will have a set of bolts which bolt through to main bearing caps to strengthen things up a bit - twin 4 barrell carbs on a ford inlet is another clue as lifter cams. Lower performance and later 427's didn't always have the 'cross bolts' and may have come with a single carb and hydraulic cam. I remember a metallic green/grey '62 TBird around some years ago have had 427 badges on the front fenders (although it wasn't) - I stand to be corrected but Ford never put a 427 in a Tbird as stock.
    hi Ros,
    I've got a 302 out of lincoln,the only numbers what I can find is behind the inlet manifold and start with DYand 6numbers,If i know well D is means 70-s ,Y is lincoln,but the pulleys looks like 80-s type.have u got any idea,if you could help me please.I can send a photo about the eng.thanks,Tushy

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tushy View Post
    hi Ros,
    I've got a 302 out of lincoln,the only numbers what I can find is behind the inlet manifold and start with DYand 6numbers,If i know well D is means 70-s ,Y is lincoln,but the pulleys looks like 80-s type.have u got any idea,if you could help me please.I can send a photo about the eng.thanks,Tushy
    My lad 30PSI has all the reference books - PM him or myself and we'll see if we can help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information