Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Hubs for Transit spindles

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Blown 100e 
#1 ·
I got a drop tube axle with Transit stub axles fitted for my latest project.

What hubs will swap on to give me a better stud pattern, and what work is involved.

5 x 4.5" pcd would be best to match the rear, but 4 x 4.1/4" would be acceptable also.

Steve

#2 ·
Ive Used Capri (4 stud)/Mk zephyr (5 stud ford) hubs but had to have the stubs modified a little

Quick n easy route but the Capri disc's are a little small (in comparison to the transit) and you also need to then find calipers to suit but i didn't have transit ones to work with

hope this helps :D

#5 ·
I have been told that you can get the hubs in alloy already drilled for 5 stud

The transit bearings fit the capri hub but the distance between the inner and the outer bearing on the transit is wider (25mm i recall) so i had my stubs moded to suit and then the thread turned down the same

If this makes any sense :?:

Dont think the mk2 ones work due to bearing diameter but not 100% sure

#6 ·
i used mk1 tranny spindles with mk3 capri hubs with a mixture of transit and capri bearings but i had a spacer made up to sit behind the inner bearing to "lose" the difference in length, i used a pair of old calipers i had kicking about and just made up a pair of adaptor plates which i bolted and welded onto the spindle - belts and braces as they say :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.