Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Hydraulic set up for T10 gear box

HI all, can anyone suggest some componants or a known set up to make a T10 gear box hydraulic. Have just bought it and dont have much background knowledge on it. Its an older one from the 60s an appears to be in ok nic.

Cheers J

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Far Far sarf of Watford now!!! any further, my feet are wet!, Sunny Bexhill on Sea.
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a long time ago since I had a T10, and I did do a hydraulic conversion, it was a real pain to do as well, I had to make a bracket up to bolt onto the gearbox with a rocker arm so I could mount the cylinder onto somthing solid, I dont think I would go that way now, I would probably cut a hole in the bellhousing in the right place and weld a plate in so you could mount a slave on it, thats if there is room in the bellhousing to do so, Toyota or similar would probably work as its a bolt on slave, otherwise, the next option, probably the easiest, but the most expensive, buy a McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MCL-1400-30/

Ian

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jonal,

I have converted my T10 to hydraulic by using the following kit from Novak

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_hcrc.htm

It has everything you need, brand new, and from memory was about $270 all in.

Looks expensive on the face of it but when you consider that you get the clutch fork, slave cylinder, pivot, brackets and push rods with all of the geometry and ratio's worked out in advance it doesn't look too bad.

Got a Wilwood cylinder off the forum for £25 plus a rose joint and shouldered bolt to connect it too the pedal so all in I reckon it cost about £200.

Cant report back on how well it works yet but should be in a position to do so in the next few weeks.

Let me know how you get on.

P.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
    Jonal,

I have converted my T10 to hydraulic by using the following kit from Novak

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_hcrc.htm

It has everything you need, brand new, and from memory was about $270 all in.

Looks expensive on the face of it but when you consider that you get the clutch fork, slave cylinder, pivot, brackets and push rods with all of the geometry and ratio's worked out in advance it doesn't look too bad.

Got a Wilwood cylinder off the forum for £25 plus a rose joint and shouldered bolt to connect it too the pedal so all in I reckon it cost about £200.

Cant report back on how well it works yet but should be in a position to do so in the next few weeks.

Let me know how you get on.

P.
    Cheers guys, both good answers. I will have to see if I can find someone heading for the states in the near future. Its a tough choice between the two so I might see if I can make up a bracket and do the second option on the cheap myself before I splash out now I can see what Im aiming for. My only concern is the amount of movement needed from the slave cylinder to fully operate it? Any idea? have you got it installed as yet Paul?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    J,

That is the great thing about this kit, it is all there and just works. You just tell them what size bore you have on the master cylinder and they send you the matching slave.

If you can hang on till the weekend I will get some pictures.

As for shipping, get it sent USPS. They seem to 'forget' about the duty.....

P.
    Last edited by Paul Y; 14-10-2009 at 07:43. Reason: spelink

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information