Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Injector Cleaner. Anygood?

Im having a prob, or maybe not, it maybe normal, with my 300TDi Auto Disco. Since i bought it and when first started, it wont pull away very easily as though the fuel aint getting through. If you rev it a few times then its fine but a sluggish to rev the first couple. Its had a new lift pump and a few new filters. I thought it might of just been the cold fluid in the TC needing to swish round. A friend took off the inlet manifold and intercooler for me so i could clean them out as already had the EGR done. While it they were off we renewed the old turbo pipes aswell. Next day, it was flying and a different animal. Took it to my mates about 15 mile away, then to come home it was back to old style really really sluggish, (more than normal). Anyone any ideas, it isnt EDC either or does injector cleaner actually work as only getting about 21mpg if lucky around the doors and 24 mpg on a run.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injector Cleaner. Anygood?

Quote Originally Posted by leepop633 View Post
    Im having a prob, or maybe not, it maybe normal, with my 300TDi Auto Disco. Since i bought it and when first started, it wont pull away very easily as though the fuel aint getting through. If you rev it a few times then its fine but a sluggish to rev the first couple. Its had a new lift pump and a few new filters. I thought it might of just been the cold fluid in the TC needing to swish round. A friend took off the inlet manifold and intercooler for me so i could clean them out as already had the EGR done. While it they were off we renewed the old turbo pipes aswell. Next day, it was flying and a different animal. Took it to my mates about 15 mile away, then to come home it was back to old style really really sluggish, (more than normal). Anyone any ideas, it isnt EDC either or does injector cleaner actually work as only getting about 21mpg if lucky around the doors and 24 mpg on a run.
    has it gone into some sort of safe mode ? have you had the ECU read for fault codes ?

Col
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Injector cleaner is an ideal first call. If that doesn't work, then get injectors tested. Don't know where you are but I'm Reading /Southampton area and can test them for you. Regarding the poor starting, You could have an air leak at one of the filters you have replaced. You should oil or grease the new seals when you change them.

EDIT: For best results when using inj cleaner, drain the fuel filter and fill it with cleaner, then stick another bottle in the tank (then drive it round the block like you stole it)
    Last edited by Col; 30-03-2010 at 11:28.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers guys. Mine done have an ecu for engine which is why i went for pre edc after selling my v8i i wanted no gadgets or electrics, . Fuel wise is starts fine and ticks over fine it is just reluctant to rev or pull away unless you give it a few hard revs then it will pull away fine. When its been revved aswell it dont hoy nowt out the back either. Cheers for the injector offer dude but im in Durham. Will try the cleaner first but defo seems like fuel to me as mpg is pretty bad even for a TDi Disco. Aint much better then me V8i and that was nicer to drive and sounded better

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Si, i only posted this in the chat as wasnt Rod related. Thought was only rod stuff in the Tech.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information