Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

lambda sensor experts

anyway I have an LS1 with a lambda sensor on left bank and on right bank (obviously) my problem is the guy who built it put a genuine AC DELCO sensor on one side with correct plugs but for some reason put a spurious cheapo on the other bank with no plug , I have now purchased another matching AC DELCO as well as a genuine extension lead so I can hard wire the correct female plug so I have an even balance with option to switch them over with ease .

so my question is ……………...…….. is there a way of testing the output wires and the input wires so it is wired correctly as the colours are all different !!! there are some conversion charts online but they are all different so its not fool proof ( don't want to get it wrong !! )
    any expert help will be much appreciated ...…………… don't want a 30 minute youtube video of someone who thinks they know so give you 29 minutes of how to open the box it came in !!!!!!!!!! I can do that bit reeeeeeaaaaaal fine
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought the safest way would be to find a (partial) wiring diagram from whatever the sensor would have been originally fitted to? My Jeep wiring diagrams give details of the colours and connections.
    Screw EU

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    think ive nailed it now thanks
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red and black is the heater, tan is the ground and purple goes to the PCM.
    There is no input wire as the sensor generates a voltage.
    If in doubt you should have a definite resistance between the heater wires, the output to the PCM should be 0 volts when cold, and the ground should show 0, or very very low ohms when connected to the body of the sensor.

7. Likesalan liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information