Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Losing Water

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This works Ive used it on 3 cars With water leaks in block head gasket and radiator

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok,I'll give it a go on Monday.I ll let you know what happens,if it works I ll put you on my Xmas list"........

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by henry's revenge View Post
    K-Seal Car Leak Repair: Coolant, Head Gasket & Radiator Sealant

This is the way to go its real good stuff
    Seconded , I often put it in as a preventative anyway. Don't use Barrs Leaks or similar as they use different technology and K Seal only works where there is a leak and keeps circulating unlike Barrs leaks which cab block the system.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict streetfighter's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Seconded , I often put it in as a preventative anyway. Don't use Barrs Leaks or similar as they use different technology and K Seal only works where there is a leak and keeps circulating unlike Barrs leaks which cab block the system.
    Kev, K seal can do the same thing mate, We won't use it anymore, due to two major engine failures when small waterways blocked up, at the end of the day, its just a bodge instead of fixing the problem properly. a serious problem will always come back and bite you in the arse when you least need it to.
    Its no good in the garage, Drive it!

TechnicalTom
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a lifelong sceptic with regards anything in a can that claims to " fix" water leaks / head gaskets, however last week in an emergency I used a product called Steel Seal TM.on a Toyota Avensis 2.0 Diesel 2005 , the head gasket was definitely gone.Hey Presto the car is now running fine, its a neighbours car so I will be watching with interest to see if its a permanent "fix".
    The water /vapour from your exhaust is not an indication of a gasket problem , most big engines of your era have this vapour on first start up.An area that I would focus on is the intake ,however careful you are with V8 s its easy to slip up here.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TECHNICALTOM View Post
    I have been a lifelong sceptic with regards anything in a can that claims to " fix" water leaks / head gaskets, however last week in an emergency I used a product called Steel Seal TM.on a Toyota Avensis 2.0 Diesel 2005 , the head gasket was definitely gone.Hey Presto the car is now running fine, its a neighbours car so I will be watching with interest to see if its a permanent "fix".
    The water /vapour from your exhaust is not an indication of a gasket problem , most big engines of your era have this vapour on first start up.An area that I would focus on is the intake ,however careful you are with V8 s its easy to slip up here.
    . Hmmmm!Interesting that you mention intake as I got the distinct impression that water had been leaking inside the manifold at rear of engine as gasket was discoloured etc at that point,so on rebuild I made doubly sure to put sealer around the ports,waterways etc,but it looks like I'm gonna pull the heads in the next few days...........watch this space

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
    Kev, K seal can do the same thing mate, We won't use it anymore, due to two major engine failures when small waterways blocked up, at the end of the day, its just a bodge instead of fixing the problem properly. a serious problem will always come back and bite you in the arse when you least need it to.
    It's doing what it's designed to then, just inappropriately ?! LOL Most big motorway big equipment use t as it's way too expensive to have big plant sat about waiting on head gasket of rad leaks, I believe that's where the technology came from in the first place ?

I put Barrs leaks in my old blue A and it more or less instantly pushed the temp up by 10C as it sat in the top of the rad tubes.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    All interesting info,keep it coming......meanwhile I'm off to bed,will catch up in the morning,night everyone!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    back again,we'll K seal did nt work..........I only have to drive a mile before water boils and gushes out of expansion tank,so heads are coming off tomorrow,will keep those interested informed.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you run it for half an our with the k seal in?

is your water pump working?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information