Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie TheWebDesignCompany's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Endoscope

The endoscope I ordered has arrived and after playing with it (looking down my throat etc)
    I have learned how to use it so will pop down to the garage and take a look inside the engine.

Im not sure if it is going to be possible to look up at the valves as the endoscope end is quite long and I suspect will only go in the spark plug hole facing downwards...

But at least I will be able to check on my pistons and the walls of the piston chambers...
    endoscope.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look closely for any marks/nicks on the piston crowns as the piston is nearing TDC.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok will do, if it is possible to look at the valves I will do that too...

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see that my pistons are still in there, and I could see a bit of carbon build up, but that was all.
    I sprayed some wd40 in the spark plug holes when I removed the spark plugs to keep everything in good condition, so obviously this makes a difference to what I can see now.

As the engine is at various stages I could see some valves partially open. But couldn't see any obvious damage to anything.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWebDesignCompany View Post
    The endoscope I ordered has arrived and after playing with it (looking down my throat etc)
    I have learned how to use it so will pop down to the garage and take a look inside the engine.

Im not sure if it is going to be possible to look up at the valves as the endoscope end is quite long and I suspect will only go in the spark plug hole facing downwards...

But at least I will be able to check on my pistons and the walls of the piston chambers...
    endoscope.jpg
    Had you bought , and used , the comp tester and vacuum gauge that would have not been required . Hitech won't fix it , only lowtech oldskewel someone who knows what they are doing willl sort it. Don't you have a good old real world hotrod and custom club near you that you can join and get recommendations ? Personally I'd beg or borrow one rocker arm your existing spec , bung a standard pushrod and get it running so everything can be checked to actually fin dthe fault. Forget building a 400 bhp engine, look where it's got you so far

8. Likes35kid, Slamera63 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Had you bought , and used , the comp tester and vacuum gauge that would have not been required . Hitech won't fix it , only lowtech oldskewel someone who knows what they are doing willl sort it. Don't you have a good old real world hotrod and custom club near you that you can join and get recommendations ? Personally I'd beg or borrow one rocker arm your existing spec , bung a standard pushrod and get it running so everything can be checked to actually fin dthe fault. Forget building a 400 bhp engine, look where it's got you so far
    No there doesnt seem to be a decent hotrod club in Southend that I can find.
    But now I am happy that I've seen my high compression pistons are still in there.
    The Endoscope was only cheap off ebay, and it is very useful, I now know that I don't have any damaged pistons.

I know that I could get it running again as it was before the rocker arm came loose, by simply replacing the single
    pushrod and a single rocker arm, but I want to get the power back in the motor and that is what I'm going to do.

I have already spent thousands on this and I am going to get it right.

I did ask for recommendations for honest and reliable local mechanics in Southend, does anyone know of one?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would need a single 7.8 inch pushrod and a pressed steel 1.5 rocker arm, anyone got them spare?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    No there doesnt seem to be a decent hotrod club in Southend that I can find.
    But now I am happy that I've seen my high compression pistons are still in there.
    The Endoscope was only cheap off ebay, and it is very useful, I now know that I don't have any damaged pistons.

I know that I could get it running again as it was before the rocker arm came loose, by simply replacing the single
    pushrod and a single rocker arm, but I want to get the power back in the motor and that is what I'm going to do.

I have already spent thousands on this and I am going to get it right.

I did ask for recommendations for honest and reliable local mechanics in Southend, does anyone know of one?
    You need to find what's up with what you already have before chnaging even more stuff away from the tyre shredding spec you had . On ething at a time. Get an secondhand pushrod and rocker,use the tools you've been told to use give us the results on here and you have a wealth of peopel who DO know what they are talking about helping you for FREE!!

I've been messing with cars for over 45 years and I know others on here with similar experience and greater pedigrees .

If I was younger and healthier I would come down to your place , beat you about the head with your endoscope and then use it to tie your hands together whilst I fixed the thing for you !!! However you would have to watch and learn whilst I did it and explained what I was doing and why.

12. Likesmygasser liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would need a single 7.8 inch pushrod and a pressed steel 1.5 rocker arm, anyone got them spare?
    Which is exactly what I was going to post next!

....so is that the stock length or +100thou?, what is in there at present?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's just occured to me i may have a pushrod and rocker arm. the pushrod will be stock so i'll measure the length. if i've still got them you can have them for free mate.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

15. Likesblackpopracing liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information