Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mot help please

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the car should be off the road, cant believe you told her to go tax it before the old MOT run out. years ago i was refused tax in the PO because the MOT was too close to expiry, cant remember how long it had to go though, think it was less than 2 weeks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy tax on line to start on the 1st of a month even if the MOT runs out on the 2nd. I did it recently.

But as other said, don't drive a car that has known defects.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    shows what complete ******** it all is. They have a test to certify it fit for the road, yet when it clearly isn't the car is still legally able to go on the road because it still has 10 days test left. So by following the law she can legally drive it, but could fall foul of the C+U regs if pulled by a copper or VOSA who may or may not know their own rules. If she is puilled, of course every woman is aware of the C+U regs and she is liable for the C+U. Obviously she can make that informed decision based the advice of a private garage who stand to make £300 out of her...crock of **** all of it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by popinoz View Post
    Recommended one of my customers to a garage for an mot one I use from time to time just for my mot,s not bad guys !

Question is the car a fiesta an old style one failed on front wheel bearing and brakes seized and imbalance back and front! Her existing mot runs out April 12 th the mot guy said the car is now illegal and the failed certificate overides the mot it still has . I thought what a load of crap or am I wrong ?? Her tax runs out this month so I said get down the post office quick and tax it he told her they would refuse to do it sounds like crap again or am I completely wrong and mot rules have changed??

Cheers
    1. I think the main thing is to get the rent on it and avoid gettingthe stautory fine issued.
    (just in case it don't get fixed in time etc- nowt wrong with that !?)

2. The fella has told a porky trying to scare her into giving them the work.
    (happened to me last year and that was 300 quid, it was great that they had worked out the full cost for me within seconds)

C. Tighten up the bearing and give the car a good floggin round the dual carriageways whistling up to the junctions and stamp hard on the anchors. Simples.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    as long as the tax is to start before the MOT runs out it's okay to tax it, like was already said, if MOT runs out on 2nd of month it can still be taxed from 1st of that month.
    Tax it so it can legally sit on the road! Don't use it! The car should be repaired before using it as, like others have said it falls foul of C&U regs and with the system all being computerised now, a copper or vosa guy stopping the car will be able to find out that it has brake problems until a new MOT is in place. Not worth taking the chance either legally or morally. Nobody would like it if it was their kid who stepped out in front of it and it couldn't stop., Or if it braked hard and swerved across the road due to imbalance and hit another car/pedestrian.
    I used to drive for Suckling Transport on the Shell petrol contract in Scotland and my manager was known to ask for drivers to take trailers out loaded with fuel, that had failed the MOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was raging when we refused as he said "it is still in MOT". We told him "yes but it is not roadworthy". This would normally be a brake issue or worn suspension or something else that a driver would not normally know about unless he was told by the workshop, you know something that wouldn't be evident on a driver daily check list. Yet, this same ****ing **** of a manager would give us a written warning if he saw us with a marker light out as we should see that. Then if we went to workshop to get that done at start of shift (an hour delay as workshop not open at that time), he would lose the rag when we didn't have enough time to complete all our loads. For those who don't know, these tankers now haul 41000 litres of petrol or 37000 litres of diesel, and a manager who should know better (been in transport all his life) wants us to take that out in public with known defects. NO ****ING CHANCE.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on that. We all have a duty of care towards other road users and should not knowingly use or encourage vehicles to hit the road with defects. The legal side of things put aside its just not right.

bob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information