Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Pop V Model A chassis

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  57ford 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the differences are between width & wheelbase on a Pop chassis vs a model A one ?

#2 ·
Pop wheel base 90" Model A wheel base 103"
The plan view and side view of the chassis are very different the A being a very smple shape, all flat stuff apart from high arch rear cross member.
The Pop chassis is simillar profile and plan as '32 chassis scaled down.
I'll have a go finding and sticking some plans for you.
Martin.

#14 ·
Not quite. To race in Outlaw Anglia the wheelbase can be a maximum of 101". As previously stated, the stock Pop/Anglia wheelbase is 90" anmoving the rear axle back an inch or so better centres the wheel in the rear arch. It is possible to pull the front axle forward two or so inches which works well if the car is low. Martyn Payne's turquoise Pop that runs in OA has had this done, I think it now has something like a 94" wheelbase.

#9 ·
my old 27T was made (not by me, so not taking any credit) useing a pop chassis! the centre section was removed and replaced with straight box section to fit the lines of the body! you could do the same for a model A problem is if you are going to use the pop running gear its not wide enough for a "A" body... if you are not useing the pop gear you might as well build a "A" frame using 3" x 2" box tubing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.