Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pop wheels

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trick to doing this is to measure the drop centre diameter of your Pop wheels and then just trawl around measuring 15" wheels until you find one with the same inner diameter. It's quite common in the US to do this to change rim diameter whilst retaining the centre.

The well in the rim on the Pop wheel is quite deep so you only need one with 1/2" less and you're away! It then becomes a straightforward re-rimming job which you can do yourself - I've made 7J wide fives for the Pilot Woodie using Land Rover Disco rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict keith ardley's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jest been reading your thread with interest are you running a 100e or e93a engine ? I to am hoping to get my super two ready for competition hill climb you must be the chap that contacted me about the wheels elier sorry I couldn't help sold my last set at the last specials day meet at Buford meet .quite a lot of Bucklers there. like to keep in contact if OK with you
    Keith Ardley

Official RnS Addict keith ardley's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There RhysN thought I had met a chap at the specials day sum years back had the jigs to make the wheels you are looking for along with other bits have to Google for it or face book for it as I am not a lot of good with this computer lark The classic era if you get it on face book you will have to scroll back a long way to find it hope this helps he is hard to contact been trying to get in touch myself will just have to keep trying
    he go,s by the Name of Hayden

Keith

https://www.facebook.com/The-Classic...4718402715035/

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keith ardley View Post
    Jest been reading your thread with interest are you running a 100e or e93a engine ? I to am hoping to get my super two ready for competition hill climb you must be the chap that contacted me about the wheels elier sorry I couldn't help sold my last set at the last specials day meet at Buford meet .quite a lot of Bucklers there. like to keep in contact if OK with you
    Keith Ardley
    That would be great Keith. The base of the engine is E93A with a complete set of Aquaplane. This is a bit of an odd engine in that it was a war surpus, still in the crate as it was a spare for barrage balloon winches. I spun it over yesterday without attempting to start, all is looking promising for Prescott, and the Nostalgia Classic at Shelsley in July. This is the 70th year of Buckler, so worth getting it there for those. Along with a number of others.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez i disabled my Facebook page a good while ago after signing up to look at an old school photo after a school reunion and reading all the ******** people write on there. So today I tried a bit harder to reinstate it and managed to get back on and find the classic era page. Not much activity but found a mobile number 07510148553, good luck
    If you do have any luck I wouldn't mind a set for my pop.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Pau, latest news is we are going to be making NEW ones. Very similar to the Ballamy. 07401703750. Note to admins please. This is not a commercial venture, just trying to help old school and having a safe option rather than those who think VW wide 5s are OK, which they are not.

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello have You 2 pice Ballamy wheels 15" for sale?
    Best regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information