possible overheating issue updated - Page 5
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

 
Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83
  1. #41
    Administrator Darren West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    braintree
    Posts
    14,069
    Images
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darren West is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    ]Pressure test the cooling system.
    Compression test.
    But not a good idea to use any type of sealer
    Bite the bullet and replace the gaskets
    Once you know which head has the problem![/SIZE]

    compression test has been done and all 8 are with in 4 psi of each other

    my only concern is that if i pull the heads off and still see nothing
    then i assume ill have a crack ,but what side
    Last edited by Darren West; 22-04-2014 at 19:28.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    259
    Images
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Smokey is offline
    Pressure test the cooling system will help
    Last edited by Smokey; 22-04-2014 at 19:52.

  4. #43
    Official RnS Addict streetfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    lichfield staffs
    Posts
    4,451
    Images
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    streetfighter is offline
    did you take it to wheels day? if so, how did it fair?
    Its no good in the garage, Drive it!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    I'm a grown up member now ! kuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    united Kingdom
    Posts
    20
    Images
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    kuntz is offline
    stop ****ing around take the heads off get them crack tested if in doubt, replace the necessary gaskets,DONT **** AROUND WITH CHEMICALS THEY DONT WORK!.by by the time you been on here asking **** loads of questions you could have 1 head off
    fuk it

  7. #45
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fareham
    Posts
    1,227
    Images
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    normalbloke is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by kuntz View Post
    stop ****ing around take the heads off get them crack tested if in doubt, replace the necessary gaskets,DONT **** AROUND WITH CHEMICALS THEY DONT WORK!.by by the time you been on here asking **** loads of questions you could have 1 head off
    Welcome along...

  8. #46
    Administrator Darren West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    braintree
    Posts
    14,069
    Images
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darren West is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by kuntz View Post
    stop ****ing around take the heads off get them crack tested if in doubt, replace the necessary gaskets,DONT **** AROUND WITH CHEMICALS THEY DONT WORK!.by by the time you been on here asking **** loads of questions you could have 1 head off
    a little aggressive aint we


    well obviously i work fast



    well nothing visible wrong
    it looks like there has been a plug fall apart in no 2 but no damage by the actual sealing ring on the gasket

    mmm now what

  9. #47
    Administrator Darren West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    braintree
    Posts
    14,069
    Images
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darren West is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
    did you take it to wheels day? if so, how did it fair?
    no mate its not finished

  10. #48
    I'm Not Jed Clampett stueeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nr. Dartford, Kent
    Posts
    2,725
    Images
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    stueeee is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren West View Post
    compression test has been done and all 8 are with in 4 psi of each other

    my only concern is that if i pull the heads off and still see nothing
    then i assume ill have a crack ,but what side
    If you don't have a leakdown tester, it might be worth brazing an airline connector to the top of a sparkplug which has the centre knocked out, this allows you to turn the motor over by hand to get both valves closed, and then pressurise each cylinder in turn and see whether you have any bubbles appearing in your coolant. There doesn't seem to be anything in the symptoms you've stated until now which indicate a blown gasket/cracked block etc. albeit you might not have had it running long enough to contaminate the coolant or turn the oil to mayonaise
    Stuart.
    My website: Isn't working at the moment
    My Intro

  11. #49
    Administrator Darren West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    braintree
    Posts
    14,069
    Images
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darren West is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by stueeee View Post
    If you don't have a leakdown tester, it might be worth brazing an airline connector to the top of a sparkplug which has the centre knocked out, this allows you to turn the motor over by hand to get both valves closed, and then pressurise each cylinder in turn and see whether you have any bubbles appearing in your coolant. There doesn't seem to be anything in the symptoms you've stated until now which indicate a blown gasket/cracked block etc. albeit you might not have had it running long enough to contaminate the coolant or turn the oil to mayonaise
    but i did use the detector and it turned from blue to bright green/yellow

    post number 38

  12. #50
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    surrey
    Posts
    1,662
    Images
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    robo1 is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren West View Post

    well nothing visible wrong
    it looks like there has been a plug fall apart in no 2 but no damage by the actual sealing ring on the gasket

    mmm now what

    Chuck the heads in the motor along with the stuff I bought off you ,bring them down and I will face off both heads while you wait F.O.C A pound to a pinch of salt they are like a banana.

    Bob
    I onlay edet to korrect bad smeeling mistaces

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Starter Motor Issue Help please!!
      By USACUSTOMS in forum Tech Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 23-06-2013, 10:58
    2. more sbc and th350 help please..... pretty please
      By MrtsCOE in forum Tech Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 20-02-2012, 22:04
    3. help please sbc, wont turn over , what have i done
      By MrtsCOE in forum Tech Discussion
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 27-12-2011, 18:45
    4. SBC Engine mount help please
      By captainsmelly in forum Tech Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 31-03-2011, 22:16
    5. Help please folks !!
      By andy fadster in forum On Topic
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-07-2009, 19:17

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •