Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is virtually the same as the POS ( original Jago set up ) except the box is to the rear of the 4 bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    i,m gonna be blunt here pete, get rid of that rubber joint or your gonna be meeting me sooner than you might want to. please dont be offended, but i woulnt put that on a kids go cart, you need a decent steering shaft with a proper u/j on each end then you will have more chance of lining it all up, put the box in the correct place for the steering,and then when that works ok, work on connecting the steering shaft and wheel to it.
    Not wanting to Hijack the thread but are the rubber joints no good then (guess whos using 1)

Quote Originally Posted by SpannerPete View Post
    Couple of pictures of the new steering box...

That looks so much better and the only issue i can see that MAY cause an issue (not visible by the pics) is if it misses when the suspension is on full drop as the top bar on the 4 bar looks like it may catch (but could just be the pic angle)
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the rag type joints vince, the one shown in an earlier post didnt appear to have any safty pins incorporated in the design, so if the small bolts snap you got no steering at all, there is a type of rag joint as fitted to nissan patrols for instance that still enables you to steer the vehicle if the bolts shear, to a somewhat limited degree anyhow, personally i like to have something a little more substantial than a glorified exhaust hanger as a means of steering. also the u/j type joint is much better at operating at sharper angles.[should of put this in the pm really]
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie SpannerPete's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used a 6mm thick steel disk instead of a rag joint, that won't break I couldn't see how to easily join the steering shaft to the original splined connector (it's split so it can tighten up on the splines) so I used the completed bottom half of the original rag joint without the rubber bit.

UJ's and new shaft are land rover disco items, 2 UJ's, rag joint (with safety pins) and shaft for just over £30 (new) which seemed cheap to me.

Clearance on the four bar is fine, it's the angle of the photo that makes it look worse than it is.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpannerPete View Post
    I've used a 6mm thick steel disk instead of a rag joint, that won't break I couldn't see how to easily join the steering shaft to the original splined connector (it's split so it can tighten up on the splines) so I used the completed bottom half of the original rag joint without the rubber bit.

UJ's and new shaft are land rover disco items, 2 UJ's, rag joint (with safety pins) and shaft for just over £30 (new) which seemed cheap to me.

Clearance on the four bar is fine, it's the angle of the photo that makes it look worse than it is.
    yep i can see what you done there pete looks all good, the flex [if any] will be taken care of by the u/j,s not the disc,
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information