Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening and learning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    about the single and twin turbos.... all depends what you want really, if you want smooth drivability, then the twin turbo route reduces lag, if its an all out race motor, or you like the feeling of getting kicked back in your seat, then a single larger turbo will do.

for ease of fitment then a supercharger is a good way to go, and the avaliability of the eatons make life a lot easter and cheaper to gain power.

all depends what you want,

me and my mate andy turbo'd a vw beetle, increasing the bhp by 100% with a single turbo, running adjustable boost for drivability.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just fitted a Procharger to a C6 Corvette LS3. Apart from the procharger and intercooler the only other mods are a tune and bigger injectors. It is completely calm off boost and drives in traffic like the standrd car. However the power when you get on it is incredible; 0-100kph best so far is 3.74. Should be going on a dyno this weekend we hope.

Now a ZO6 supercharged has arrived in town this week, dyno'd at 900+ hp and only wheelspin in the first 3 gears so we only had the most powerful Corvette in RO for about 10 days
    Money talks; unfortunately mine just says "goodbye"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all horses for courses. Singles, twin turbos, blowers or centrifugal.

It all depends on budget, what you want it for, what you want it to do. Single turbo's on V's are fine, twin's on inlines are fine.
    Blowers are good blowers are bad.

I'll argue turbo's because i've fitted them before and are doing so again now, if carbed, suck thru is easier than blow through and you don't need an intercooler as the atomizing fuel chills the charge and they are not as parasitic as blowers but you have lag.
    Huffers are just as good, a bit limited on their location (except centrifugal type) no lag but consume more power.

Neither are right or wrong, neither is better than the other, it's what you want it for and personal preference. Street car just wanted a little more go or a balls out race car?

As said on blind date..... The choice is yours.......

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The car runs fine,just toying with the idea for more power,its going on a rolling road in a week or two.Engine has been rebuilt.351C 4v block 4 bolt mains +0.30 ,keith black pistons speed pro ringscomp cams timing gear,arp studs, comp push rods, magnum cam FC 280-H 10,hi-volume oil pump,giude plates, 650 holley,351 4v closed chamber heads,manley stainless valves.Just wondering what BHP it has?theres not a lot of space left under the bonnet so thinking of the best way to get more power with out getting so tight you can work on it. mark

Banned
    BRITAINS FASTEST STREET LEGAL VAN HEAD QUARTERS
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by markmustang1 View Post
    The car runs fine,just toying with the idea for more power,its going on a rolling road in a week or two.Engine has been rebuilt.351C 4v block 4 bolt mains +0.30 ,keith black pistons speed pro ringscomp cams timing gear,arp studs, comp push rods, magnum cam FC 280-H 10,hi-volume oil pump,giude plates, 650 holley,351 4v closed chamber heads,manley stainless valves.Just wondering what BHP it has?theres not a lot of space left under the bonnet so thinking of the best way to get more power with out getting so tight you can work on it. mark
    From your spec a guesstimate would be 390-420 brake

Official RnS Addict biff.bailey's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordson Van View Post
    From your spec a guesstimate would be 390-420 brake
    more likely to be about 320 to 330 bhp (the stock boss 351c engine was only rated about 350 bhp, the next cleveland down the range was the "m" code motor at 320 bhp).

the cam hes running is pretty mild.
    as a rough guide, i ran an "m" code cleveland with a very similar spec, through a c6 box (saps power) in my 71 torino.....got a 13.85 @100mph out of it at the pod (with a 100 shot of nitrous).

The thing is, if you're running closed chamber 4v heads, you will have about 10.5 to 1 compression unless you have VERY dished pistons......far to much for a blower or turbo. (but due to the HUGE ports on these heads, you could have a REAL screamer of a motor if built right, thus being able to use a tunnel ram effectively !
    I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE,AND SO DOES CHUCK!

Banned
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont really agree with that,my cam is not much different in spec and im punching 370 brake with 50 cubic inch less. With the big ports on the cleveland I would have been tempted to use more inlet duration and reduce the LSA by a couple of degrees also the 650 holley may be on the small side if youre going to use some revs....

Official RnS Addict biff.bailey's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordson Van View Post
    I dont really agree with that,my cam is not much different in spec and im punching 370 brake with 50 cubic inch less. With the big ports on the cleveland I would have been tempted to use more inlet duration and reduce the LSA by a couple of degrees also the 650 holley may be on the small side if youre going to use some revs....
    i think we'll agree to differ on this, but if he wanted to build a rev happy motor, he wouldnt stay with a 650 anyway (btw, i ran that 13.85 on a 600 vac sec)........and back in the day, in NASCAR racing, weren't the 426 hemi cars restricted to a 390 cfm carb???? they still wound the motors round to about 7500 rpm !

the basic question was how to add more power without using up too much space.....neither a turbo / pair of turbos, a blower (rootes type OR centrifugal), or a tunnel ram fit in with the requirements......best way to add significant power without using up vital underhood space is to add a nitrous system.
    I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE,AND SO DOES CHUCK!

Banned
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could always stroke the engine to 427 cubes for more torque and power! link here for ya..
    Ford’s new 427ci Windsor Crate Engine… 535 HP! | Dragzine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information