Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a company in Wymondham that does a lot of hot rod stuff - they get to the shows but I can't remember their name, something like Autopower, maybe? Carl Powles is up near Hull, but I don't know if does this stuff full time? Or look through the trader section on here?

I think others would agree that whoever you go to, make sure you have seen some of their paid work (not just one of their mates' cars), and do a good search on their name to be sure they don't have a shady past. There are far too many stories on here of folks who have paid lots of money out and got very little in return.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched Crusty work with one of the original fibreglass Willys bodies (Dick Lambert?) A couple of years ago & it was awful, both sides were different & the doors fitted like a square peg in a round hole.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me the Mark Bull ones are the best out there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by English Impala View Post
    I watched Crusty work with one of the original fibreglass Willys bodies (Dick Lambert?) A couple of years ago & it was awful, both sides were different & the doors fitted like a square peg in a round hole.
    The bodies that Mark produces that Langy also sells are second to none. All Steve has done on his is a small amount of fettling. Everything fits as good as steel panels.

I remember Crustys one. I built the 468ci for it. The hood was cut into at least 8 parts to fit & as Gary said the doors or door openings were like someone had driven through them & said "**** it, that's close enough."

Steve used a fx3r? Taxi chassis for the gasser look. I've also seen is it Mazda B200 pick up chassis's used.
    1955-56-57 Chevy new and used parts always available from www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk who I'm proud to have sponsor my '57 Chevy race car. 9.3 @ 155.8 mph / 0-60 = 1.47 seconds! Street legal :-)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alterations needed for both of them Adam, also you can use a later taxi chassis but that alos requires alterations which ( IMO) rather defeats the purpose of 'rebodying' ? SE5 actually goes under with no alterations EXCEPT requiring a msall running board to cover the outer Scimitar sill.

Mark did try the later chassis undera body and it works but teh wheelbase is too long. However if you were running skirts on a kustom you'd get away with it . However Scimitar comes with eveything you need as i it's a sports tourer chassis and runs a decent enough V6 so large savings to be made on the build.

There is a build up on here that Rodbulder did using Marks body onto a Scimitar chassis I've just remembered. I'll see if I can find it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here ya go , as you'll see the SE6 needed trimming to fit ,which stops it being eligible for registration under rebody rules . Also ignore the time scale Rich ( Rodbuilder) has somehow found a source of 48 hour days !

https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/top...s-weekend-9546

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kapri / Kev,
    Many thanks for this info certainly helps me out a lot ! Now need to go looking for an affordable used project Scimitar ; )

Have you an email for Mark Bull @ Meon Valley Rods ?

I'll also contact Langy about a body to ask if he can do me a chopped version .

Thanks again for the helpful leads.

Regards,

Ian.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you do facebook you can get both meon valley rods or mark on his own aswell as langy, not sure how you would go about getting a chopped one unless you do it yourself, or pay to have one chopped

if i had seen this when i bought my willys body i would have done it like this, now doing a glass 30 something which hopefully will resemble this

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for this reply, is the Willys in the photos in th UK or a States built project ? This is the style /look I'm hoping to build. If you have anymore photos or info then please add them onto this topic post. Did the Willys Weekend project from 2010 get finished and out onto the road ? I'd love to see the completed rod.
    Many thanks,

Ian.
    Last edited by Kustom48; 03-01-2014 at 14:21. Reason: misstakes

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    its an american build, using google's search by image i tracked the pic down to this thread on the hamb but there isnt much info on it

Pictures from Jason Graham Hotrods Open House May 12, 2012 - THE H.A.M.B.

there is a british built custom willys but i cant find where ive put the picture of it, will keep looking though

in the meantime here are some more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information