Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no doubt in my mind, Mercedes OM604-5-6 from mid to late 90ties. They are the best diesels ever made and the last engines made before computer. You can even run them without electricity You just have to put the pump from the older 2 valve engines which is a direct fit. And they can rev 6000 easily and can produce 200hp pr liter

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    i thought the taxi 2.7 nissan motor was a 4 pot kev, in fact i'm sure they are.
    The Nissan motor is a four pot. Go for the turbo version out of the terano or ford maverick. If you can find a manual box from a fairway, TX1 or TX2 all the better. Most taxis have an auto box. The Nissan engine is bulletproof

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spanners View Post
    perkins ,phaser, was the updated 4236, a good motor but heavy for a four pot , went ok in range rovers when fitted with a ,milner, conversion kit.
    dumper/industrial ,phasers, had a poor cast crank and a lower speed govenor
    That brings back memories - I put a Perkins 4236 out of a laundry van into a Daimler double six. A great car for towing a caravan at 70 and a good avarage 35 mpg. it shook the car to pieces after about 100k miles but such a comfort to drive. Lost count of the times garage workers ran out trying to stop me filling up with diesel. It was of course noisy by todays standards so I reckon the updated version would have been better or if I had fitted a turbo. They also fitted the 4236 in combine harvesters and other heavy wokhorses. Just another aside, I had to do the valve seats so I borrowed a friends American "Eccentric" valve seat grinder. This had a grinding spindle that revolved but it also moved in a sort of orbit so in one orbit it covered the whole circumference of the seat and made a perfect finish with no chatter. It was made for V engines and to be used in situ as it had a counterbalance weight so it cold be used on the skew. I assume you guys with Yank V engines will know all about this but it was a revelation to me at the time. The friend who had it found it in the boot when he bought his V8 Pilot. Dave
    Greatest discombobulations to all my readers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    personally id go for a 300 tdi landrover disco and any rover box that fits a rv8 will fit it only 5 wires and your up and running no ecu and its simple and easy to get power increases i toyed with the idea in mine but just couldnt bring my self to not having the sound of the v8
    DC Speed Shop

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm putting a volvo 760 diesel six pot in my pickup I think they have 140 hp

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that Volvo lump actually a VW LT van engine?

starting to crawl back up spanners's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT40,LT45,LT50,, i used to run them .
    but the best volvo engine i ever fitted in a conversion was a TD40A which came with just 800hrs on the hr clock it was the power unit of a swedish estair roadsweeper unit that came out of northwich salt works,
    i put it in a toally rebuilt landrover 110 along with a range rover 4speed box (the strongest) it made an ,AWESOME,, tool
    the td40a was also sold (at a high pirice) as a tmd 40 a for marine use 6cyl non wastegated turbo thats power full ,,sweet,, and will rev endlessly with the pump opened up
    will you please stop kicking me when i,m down and just help me back up thank you

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone got pics or a build tread on these diesel conversions

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the TD5 out of a discovery 2 ! The gearbox choice it the same as for the tdi ie Borg Warner auto ,lt77 or even a r80 . The engine is easy enough to wire up as long as you get the ecu and engine loom . The later 02 on are easy to chip for more power .chassis rots so £1500 will get you a complete car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information