Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    TechnicalTom
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    I like your way of thinking , especially like the idea of the knock resonance ...that isn't it as it doesn't have one but it's that sort of offbeat thinki8ng that MAY come up with the answer. There is definitely more resonance than a cast iron manifold.

I've checked mixtures with a cheap 02 gauge and the lpg is spot on through the range. However you've made me think about borrowing my mates Gunson spark plug tune for a closer internal look I'll also recheck compressions while I'm messing around they WERE all fine but never a problem to recheck.
    I second this theory , the good exhaust manifold has upset the fueling , and most likely overfueling in the lower rev range where the engine spends most of its time .Second thing I would play with is a vernier camshaft pulley.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've a few things to check out this morning now.

Vernier pulley already on and dialled in via dti

The EECiv system is supposed to support this level of bhp without mods ? Supposed to be good for up to 140 bhp.

TechnicalTom
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    I've a few things to check out this morning now.

Vernier pulley already on and dialled in via dti

The EECiv system is supposed to support this level of bhp without mods ? Supposed to be good for up to 140 bhp.
    What I had in mind was to maybe move the timing away from the DTI set position that you obviously got set correct,as I said above "Play with" the valve timing events , a little bit of advance . I had an interesting experience a while back when I took a tuned car to the UK to Simpson Exhaust to have a no expense spared competition 4 branch made and fitted,( I spent 2 days in the area waiting and went to Silverstone for GP practice and a factory visit to Jordan GP.) the car had been set up on the rolling road just before we traveled , and it ran faultlessly, really sweet. After the new competition system was fitted ( the removed 4 branch was a mint looking piece) we had a 2 foot flame from the tail pipe and the engine ran with a different sound , so we took it back to the rolling road to compare figures also re calibrate the fueling and camshaft timing a tad, It was an interesting experience . However all engines are different so best of luck with your present TEST of detection .

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've decided to pull the inlet manifold to check all over for small cracks etc and put back together with new injector seals and a top end inlet gasket. Can't do it yet as I have a show to go to at the weekend and don't want to immobilise it before then.

If no improvement I will have another look at the cam timing and a bit of a 'play'

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kev, admitidly the vacuum readings need looking into, It should be about 20" as the other ones. But, Big But. The gearing, now I know the overal is the same as the sierra, thers a ****ing house on the roof. I think it prolly needs more gearing to compansate for that there house. Whats it got back there now?
    Martin.

Official RnS Addict bigyellataxi's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is your foot getting heavier as the years progress???

Fueled by Jim and Luckies.
    Still doing all the shit I used to ;-)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolling radius of the drive tyres ?
    Early Dodges
    Snow stuff
    Rail stuff
    Generally - odd stuff

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooder View Post
    Kev, admitidly the vacuum readings need looking into, It should be about 20" as the other ones. But, Big But. The gearing, now I know the overal is the same as the sierra, thers a ****ing house on the roof. I think it prolly needs more gearing to compansate for that there house. Whats it got back there now?
    Martin.
    Same weight EXACTLY as a Sierra would you believe but lacking 'somewhat' in aerodynamics , especially that bloody great visor ( I have a cunning plan for that later). 4.1 in the rear with 28" tall gives 19 mph/1000 in top 1:1

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyellataxi View Post
    Is your foot getting heavier as the years progress???
    Heavier ? All my throttles seem to have the same position as always , once it reaches the floor it stops building revs.

Same cruising speeds revs used in all of the different motors quoted at the start just on 3000 ,giving 60mph.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_M View Post
    Rolling radius of the drive tyres ?
    As above post Gordon all factored into the build to give same gearing range as original donor vehicle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information