Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

10 bolt identification

Just bought a 10 bolt rear end, it was sold as an 8.5". Me not being too organised only looked at how to tell the difference between the 10 bolt family after I bought it...

Looking at the guides on line it seems to have the correct lugs at the 5 and 7'clock positions on the rear of the housing, it seems to have the correct rear cover which is 11" x 10 5/8" (some are 11" round) and the rear cover looks to be correct with the bulge on the left.

The only anomaly is some (not all) of the guides say that for a 8.5" "The distance between the lower center bolt on the cover and either adjacent bolt is 3 3/4 inches." Mine is 3 1/4" which says its for a 7.5" 10 bolt. From what I can gather the 7.5 has smaller pointyer lugs in the 5 and 7'clock position than what I have?

Does anyone one know or has anyone got a 8.5 10 bolt they can measure the distance between the lower center bolt and its adjacent bolt, or confirm by looking at the pics of mine what it is?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure that's a 8.5 ten bolt. The pointer lugs on the 7.5 are really weenie and, er, pointy

4. Likescoupster liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information