Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes: †16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    also wonder who decides who,s right and whose wrong.who determines crap work.

better of doing it yourself.everyones out to **** everone over
    The trouble is the OP has said he has no idea what he is doing and this isn't a minor task. Although on paper it's only a matter of fabricating two new engine mounts and a trans mount there's far more involved and not to be undertaken by the faint-hearted. Saying that I agree that people do like to **** one another over and my attitude is I can **** it up myself for free so will have a go at most jobs. I'd be inclined to find friends that may be able to help and do it myself, it's a good learning curve

2. LikesChevy mon 56 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    also wonder who decides who,s right and whose wrong.who determines crap work.

better of doing it yourself.everyones out to **** everone over
    Crap work, like good work speaks for itself .

When you see people building chassis on milk crates and axle stands then you know they are at the top of their game.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo56 View Post
    The trouble is the OP has said he has no idea what he is doing and this isn't a minor task. Although on paper it's only a matter of fabricating two new engine mounts and a trans mount there's far more involved and not to be undertaken by the faint-hearted. Saying that I agree that people do like to **** one another over and my attitude is I can **** it up myself for free so will have a go at most jobs. I'd be inclined to find friends that may be able to help and do it myself, it's a good learning curve

Do you know where I can get a pink unicorn as well please?

6. Likestimbo56 liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Crap work, like good work speaks for itself .

When you see people building chassis on milk crates and axle stands then you know they are at the top of their game.
    Op would be better off going on the UK pickup groups on Facebook.

Then post up she wants work doing.half a dozen shops will then tell her they can do the work,a dozen others will all recommend them as well.only downside is you never actually get to see any off the work they do,though occationally,one will post a truck picture up, but it will transpire it was actually built elsewhere,or their shop dog took a picture with the camera wedged between its ********.

Then another dozen people will do virtual high fives praising said shops,because said shops have told the masses how good they are.

Meanwhile a couple of big shops will tout for work.shop rates of 45 notes plus vat an hour.again the only pics you get to see is a shop full of rods/trucks/customs. Looks spectacular,but no actuall pics of work.

Meanwhile the little man,shows very clear detailed pics.has a labour rate of nearly half the big boys,get no recognition of work,but I guess you pays you're money and make you're choices.

It's a very strange old world.i quite look forward to retiring,lol.

Reading back that sounds quite bitter.its not,just a funny observation .

No idea where the op,s from but maybe worth a trip out to a local meet,and get a first hand account of who to use locally.

Hopefully she lives no where near me as the locals think I'm a proper ****.they could be right
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

9. Likesalleykat, Chevy mon 56 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have something in common Wayne.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    We have something in common Wayne.
    youre well hung as well
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

12. Likesblackpopracing liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ee aw !!

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all your advice Iím usless I wonít make out Iím anything more or less
    Now fund raising Iím pretty good this year got nominated for a pride of Britton award but heho Iím crap at Mercanicís anything to do with cars always had people help me my brother is a renowned Gear box builder heís advised me what engine & box to buy Iíve bought them today 350 engine & 700r4 box he reckons that will be ample for what I want
    Never had a rod or anything like had vws for years split screen bay the norm

Iíve read and been shot down on a couple of FB pages for lack of knolage some advise clip some advice the mustang 2 set up I want it to drive nice as Iíve got arthritis
    Iím not in to drag racing although Iíd enjoy the burn out who wouldnít???

Iím going to have the engine & box rebuilt
    I do intend to paint the chassis me self not a lot to do wrong there it wonít be show truck my heart yearns a v8 patina truck I live in Stourbridge 10 miles from brum

Iíve bought the pick up being deliverd Monday i bought engine & box today

Iíve got a 2009 but 2017 spek recovery truck Iím going to sell due to my helth problem so will have £5000 approx to spend from that Poss got another £2k to add to that I know I know that wonít do it lol

So thatís where Iím at Iím a master of ceremonies sporting memorabilia Auctioneer for my sins so if you lads want any memorabilia money back Guarantee as to authenticity most of it with photo proof & full COA as I meet a lot of stars and pay them to sign it

My names nick Iím Alcohol & addict sorry wrong forum 16 years sober thanks again. For your help advice & guidance so far

So another Q clip or mustang 2???

And any one local to me build Rods??? Kind regards and thanks in advance Nick

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    How important is legalilty to you ?

Can you rebuild it to BIVA spec , with the extra cost,if it all goes tits up?

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve only been jailed once for non payment of poll tax
    I don’t know nothing about law Sir as long as it’s safe I’m happy lips am sealed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information