Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry , put that up for V8Jimmy re his Mustang.

However anything fitted on a car must comply with C&U so you don't have to fit them but IF you do the minimum you can use is a diagonal ONLY but not lap belt ONLY. REALLY wouldn't recommend lap belts only, would rather take my chances with the screeen than a high probabbility of back issues from an impact .

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I asked this question before and never got a definitive answer . If you fit seatbelts to a pre 65 vehicle then you have to wear them, correct? , however if you have a pre 65 car that has lap belts then you can't be made to wear them . Is that right?

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Err, really ?

Not according to MOT rules

Flow chart https://www.mot-testing.service.gov....4s05000104.htm

Requirements ABC https://www.mot-testing.service.gov....4s05000109.htm

I think they probably asked an MOT tester rather than looked it up. Testers often let illegal stuff go on Yanks because " It was like that from the factory "
    It was an MOT tester who told me they were illegal Kev, but that guy's site is quite specific as well. Surely he's landing himself in a lot of legal **** if he's advertising wrongly?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roymck View Post
    I think I asked this question before and never got a definitive answer . If you fit seatbelts to a pre 65 vehicle then you have to wear them, correct? , however if you have a pre 65 car that has lap belts then you can't be made to wear them . Is that right?
    If fitted they must be worn is my take on it mate, but if laps are not legal, then best to take them out altogether I'd think.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Sorry , put that up for V8Jimmy re his Mustang.

However anything fitted on a car must comply with C&U so you don't have to fit them but IF you do the minimum you can use is a diagonal ONLY but not lap belt ONLY. REALLY wouldn't recommend lap belts only, would rather take my chances with the screeen than a high probabbility of back issues from an impact .
    yeah, and being folded in half so your face defo hits the steering wheel. I've been removing any fitted to pre '65s, it's the post '65s which cause a problem. I did have lap belts fitted in the rear of my '57 when the kids were small as laps were perfect for the kiddie seats back then in the '90s. Nowadays I wuld think that all child seats are made for 3 point belts.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roymck View Post
    If they are fitted then you MUST wear them . I'd take lap belts out and do without on a pre 65. So legally if you chose to fit belts in a pre 65 car once fitted they MUST be worn.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8.jimmy View Post
    Nowadays I wuld think that all child seats are made for 3 point belts.
    surprisingly they aren't all made for 3 point seat belts. a lot of seats have their own belts but are attached to the car via the isofix system but most still have the facility to belt them in.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK..so i got a 58 Chevy Apache truck. no belts at all on the bench seat...when i went for the initial test drive with the maker i was sliding a bit on the seat. as you cant put a price on safety of people are we saying that if i fit 2 lap belts in for me and a passenger (child) which i would wear that im better off without them as with them they could cause more damage. i know its weird as its my own personal decision but the feedback im getting a bit here and on other forums is don't fit them as the damage is more with them. sorry if opened a can of worms

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pilky69 View Post
    OK..so i got a 58 Chevy Apache truck. no belts at all on the bench seat...when i went for the initial test drive with the maker i was sliding a bit on the seat. as you cant put a price on safety of people are we saying that if i fit 2 lap belts in for me and a passenger (child) which i would wear that im better off without them as with them they could cause more damage. i know its weird as its my own personal decision but the feedback im getting a bit here and on other forums is don't fit them as the damage is more with them. sorry if opened a can of worms
    give https://www.quickfitsbs.com/ a ring as they are very helpful and have an answer to every question . ive just ordered a set of front and back for a project I'm on at the moment and they sent me exactly what id asked for with quick turn around .. they are not cheap but if you want cheap there are these guys https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-C...19.m1438.l2649
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used teh above company but of late use FDTS Ltd - Index Page

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information