Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

All American Show (ish) Santa Pod

7K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  Dusty 
#1 ·
Hi guys here are a few piccies I snapped at the weekend.

Hope you enjoyed, I have more :tup:.

Cheers,

Stu.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yesterday was fantastic, sunshine all day. Started to rain about 9pm and didn't stop until 10 (ish) this morning. Thought I had p****d myself last night, but thank god it was my leaking tent :), spent an hour sitting in the car with the heaters on full blast to dry my socks and trainers out :(. It had stopped raining and they opened the track at around 11:45, but the wind was very cold, but had a good time, met up with some RnS'ers some I knew and some I do now, you know who you are and had a blast.

Cheers,

Stu.

#6 ·
No Idea, saw it, love it, snapped it :tup:

This will do me Ta :tup:
It was better from the front, but everytime I went to get a picture someone had to have a gander at the motor. :sniff: But if he comes and puts it on my drive I wouldn't argue :pmsl:

Cheers,

Stu.

#9 ·
A great two days for me, good to catch up with you Stu...and many others.

I ran a NPB of 12.22@111.66 yesterday. :tup:

A combination of skill and luck saw me through to the final of NSCC eliminations today where I met Ed Gasket (Shaun Wilson).

An excellent race saw Shaun win by 0.0415 seconds...yep 0.0415!!

His NPB of 12.22 (ironic?) @112.94 covering my 12.25@111.68

I'm thinking there may be an 11 in the coupe...maybe if I replace my Edelbrock v/s 600 with the Holley 650 d/p kicking about in the garage I can find it.

It's possible that fiddling about with timing and a tune of the existing carb, improvements can be found.

If we can figure out how to upload it, Deb has a video of me on her Blackberry.

#10 ·
Dusty,

Well done on a great weekend.

I take it that was Shaun's revenge for beating him yesterday :pmsl:

We missed it as Travis was shivering so much we decided to call it a day.

Cheers,

Stu.

#11 ·
cool pics stuey..nics to meet you and your lad...sorry about smiling all day,glad you were there..:tup::tup::tup:

#13 ·
in the morning mate,,,on the stella now i need to try and stop smiling as its starting to hurt,...:pmsl:

#14 ·
yer get used to it cus ya face will be like that for a week or two mate :bigsmile::bigsmile: got to see these pics mate have a beer for me speak tomorrow mate. we had another go before close of play today but car got loose again at the eighth, best we did off that left lane was 8.0 sat night.
:tup:

#17 ·
Well done Liam and team, blasted ya PB - awesome fella!!! Pretty good weekend in all, didn't get chance to catch up with many of ya though as stuck workin on the slingshot most of the weekend. Struggled with the fuel set up and traction ourselves, best run was an 8.0
Nice show of cars up there and the crowd was pretty damn cool too.

Can't wait for the next one...

JackChit Rodaz / Shy Talker Slingshot

#20 · (Edited)
Yes, belongs to Eric, chassis was built by Andy Robinson in 1996, but car sat around without turning a wheel, car was updated & finished as a turn key Project last year by Andy.

Eric is a real nice guy, we went side by side last year at the pod, gave my arse a good kicking, I did have problem, still I would of struggled if all had been OK

Heres a link to youtube from the Mopar Nats last year
Think Eric PB was around 8.3-8.4/155mph, he may of improved on that time by now

#22 ·
They are dutch boys arnt they Mark ? Bry

#23 ·
Ha Ha -or French:happy:Idioit =Bry

#31 ·
I want the blue El Camino SS................. please.......pretty please............ Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.