Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie derek 33 ford's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thumbs upyank plates

i have a yank plate on my 33 coupe and i park my car at work in the carpark and my works is next door to the v.o.s.a place and thay sometimes walk through our car park and i did at first have a front and rear plate on but after a bit(just to test the water) i removed the front one and fitted nerf bars and also just to ad a bit more salt to my wound the main traffic police station is about 200 yards the other way from work and i have so far had no probs and that is 3 yrs now also i took a freinds son to a prom night in the coupe and v.o.s.a were doing spot checks with the police and they just waved me on and nodded so all i can say is go for it. viva the revolution lads derek

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Derek. You seem to live in a real easy going part of the country. Theres a guy where I work his name is David Hudson. His number plate is HUD50N. He has been taken to court 5 times now because the 5 on his plate has the corners rounded off to make it look more like a S. He dont do it any more.Once in court he had the boss of the firm that made the plates defending him.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS57 View Post
    Thanks Kapri, very clear.
    Anyone know the best place to get a 6 digit number on two lines, pressed ali silver motorcycle size letters on a black background on a 12 x 6 plate? Several places I have seen don't half have wonky typefaces on the bike plates. Steve, if you're thinking of the same with the correct font spacing that's tight in a 57 rear plate surround? (sorry to hijack your thread Gary)
    Al
    I'm with you on this Al, tho maybe a set of States Plates in the boot for ahem 'shows'.
    I'm in 2 minds about a stock rear surround or something a bit different.
    The doors open, but the ride it aint free.

"fuck, thats orange" ! - kc55
    https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/gar...-57-chevy-1277

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie derek 33 ford's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thumbs upplates

maybe i do live in a more tolerant part of the country as my coupe only has one plate on plus loads of other things that may take the laws to another level and my daily has a privat plate with bolts in the letters to deface it into my initials and my wifes initials but i do get all over the place in them and i think the more you wory the wors it is also my daughter has done the same to her daily and it spells her name out and its been like that longer that mine so just do it be a rebel all the best derek

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putting the legal side of it to one side, I've got a set of '49 texas plates on the chev, they don't even look remotely "british", but have not been stopped about it. even when I was stopped, the cop didn't mention them, just gave me a finger wagging for no indicators (I had to explain the flashing brake light thing to him!)
    I think that, so long as you don't act the tw4t, you'll probably get left alone
    A bullet might have your name on it, hand grenades are addressed "to whom it may concern......."

You can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information