Any Renault techies on here ? - Page 2
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

 
Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    m
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Morden, Surrey
    Posts
    105
    Images
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    chinno204 is offline
    O.K, you said in your first post that it had a misfire, seeing as it's a 16v Renault that'll be caused by one of the pencil coils, they're always packing up, best changed as a set, but that's up to you? A misfire will affect the gearbox operation.

    Next is to look at the turbine speed sensor fault, best to remove multiplug on 'box & ECU to check connections first, if they look clean & not corroded then move onto checking the sensor, from memory this is fitted into the underside of the 'box (?), the resistance across the terminals should be 300 ohms +or- 40 ohms at 20oC, you can check this at the sensor plug & then at the ECU plug across terminals 45 & 46, if the resistance of the sensor is out of spec then you'll need a new 1, if it's o.k then see if the resistance varies between the 2 points, if so then you've got a dicky connection.

    Hope this helps?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Official RnS Addict streetfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    lichfield staffs
    Posts
    4,451
    Images
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    streetfighter is offline
    Kev, You came on here asking about a good daily, Then you went and bought a fookin Renault!!!!!!!!!!
    Its no good in the garage, Drive it!

  4. #13
    Official RnS Addict fad15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    6,015
    Images
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    fad15 is offline
    I know this is going to sound silly but...
    we have found non Renault spark plugs can upset the ECU and cause problems. The multiplug is a ******* to get to. best to remove the whole plug from the bracket (2 x 5mm socket heads). To replace the S S you have to take the plug off anyway and feed the new one through it. I Kin hate French cars and working on them.
    built by hand NOT by computer

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    I'm a newbie !
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    london
    Posts
    10
    Images
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    bintang is offline
    has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

  7. #15
    Off the Xmas card list kapri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    23,122
    Images
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    kapri is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by chinno204 View Post
    O.K, you said in your first post that it had a misfire, seeing as it's a 16v Renault that'll be caused by one of the pencil coils, they're always packing up, best changed as a set, but that's up to you? A misfire will affect the gearbox operation.

    Next is to look at the turbine speed sensor fault, best to remove multiplug on 'box & ECU to check connections first, if they look clean & not corroded then move onto checking the sensor, from memory this is fitted into the underside of the 'box (?), the resistance across the terminals should be 300 ohms +or- 40 ohms at 20oC, you can check this at the sensor plug & then at the ECU plug across terminals 45 & 46, if the resistance of the sensor is out of spec then you'll need a new 1, if it's o.k then see if the resistance varies between the 2 points, if so then you've got a dicky connection.

    Hope this helps?
    Cheers for the help, plugs and pencil coils were the first thing I changed Still misfiring and doesn't fire for 3 or 4 cranks of the key . Read the codes after and only thing showing is snapon 190 .

  8. #16
    Off the Xmas card list kapri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    23,122
    Images
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    kapri is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
    Kev, You came on here asking about a good daily, Then you went and bought a fookin Renault!!!!!!!!!!
    DON'T... I know , but is is the only thing that suits . Found out that the Citroen,and Peugeot use the same autobox as well anyway. Really stuck with what to do , worst case scenario is fix the bloody thing with possible a huge bill or go and buy another auto that could break the next day as well ?

  9. #17
    Off the Xmas card list kapri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    23,122
    Images
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    kapri is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    I know this is going to sound silly but...
    we have found non Renault spark plugs can upset the ECU and cause problems. The multiplug is a ******* to get to. best to remove the whole plug from the bracket (2 x 5mm socket heads). To replace the S S you have to take the plug off anyway and feed the new one through it. I Kin hate French cars and working on them.
    Yup, I've heard that Gerry, also heard that lack of earth wire to bonnet can cause gearbox havoc via EMF.

  10. #18
    Off the Xmas card list kapri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    23,122
    Images
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    kapri is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
    Kev, You came on here asking about a good daily, Then you went and bought a fookin Renault!!!!!!!!!!
    The Rover does everything we ask of it the only problem being that the seat is too low . Sounds trivial until you have to get in and out between 70-100 times a day ! That ends up playing havoc with Marians back and the Renault plays havoc with my back and brain

  11. #19
    Off the Xmas card list kapri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    23,122
    Images
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    kapri is offline
    The sensor on the bottom of the box is the Speedo sensor Autmatic turbine speed sensor is half way up on the back of the auto when facing the ns wheel. Looks like the leads disappears into the gear lever mechanism on top of the box?

  12. #20
    Official RnS Addict fad15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    6,015
    Images
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    fad15 is offline
    The electrical thing that the shifter shaft goes through is the multi function switch. DONT unscrew it they are *******s to set up.
    I think you will find the wire goes to the big grey plug as mentioned above. There is a whilte tab that has to be pulled 'away' from the plug. This will eject the top part of the plug from the bottom. Again they can be pigs to move. Squirt the plug with WD first. The sensor in the bottom of the box at the front is the oil pressure sensor.... never had to replace one. Maybe worth looking on U Tub, theres always someone who has done this before.
    G
    built by hand NOT by computer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Any Renault mechanics on here??
      By bigyellataxi in forum Chat
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 27-03-2010, 22:45
    2. Any Chimney Sweeps on here???
      By bigyellataxi in forum Chat
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 04-01-2010, 22:19
    3. Any metal expets on here?
      By petespops in forum Tech Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 28-11-2009, 08:11
    4. Any insurance people on here?
      By sidspop in forum Chat
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 29-06-2009, 12:53
    5. Any Ford Tech guys here.
      By Zody in forum Tech Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 20-05-2009, 22:07

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •