Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Camper / carvanette

I need some info re campers / caravanettes whatever . A friend of mine is about to spend a LARGE chunk of money on a petrol Elgrand. I talked them out of a diesel T4/5 that was half of the price of this because of my concerns about ULEX LEZ that are slowly but surely coming in all over the country.

What would you buy /pay etc if wanting to fulfil a long held dream ?

Would you go forr diesel with the chance of it suddenly being near to worthless or go for petrol that will alos be far more expensive to run.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'd either get the petrol converted to lpg as choice 1 or not worry about the diesel thing as i hate driving in london (any cities come to that) anyway.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

I ain't nobody dork!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought the places you're likely to want to visit in a camper won't be affected by LEZ/ULEZ as it will only be in major cities in the forseeable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spence32 View Post
    I would have thought the places you're likely to want to visit in a camper won't be affected by LEZ/ULEZ as it will only be in major cities in the forseeable.
    You'd think but even locally we are about to get slapped with entering town tax...which won't affest me as I never go into teh ****hole anyway but some DO like to visit it . Laugh is that the most polluting place in town is the ferry port which is the town largest source of income !

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I run a diesel T4 as a daily, about to buy a second one for a camper project.

There still seems to be good market for the old diesel T4s.

Arguably a lot of those people in the vw scene prefer to go to the big organised events ( camperjam etc), rather than visiting city centres. The point I’m trying to make, that I think there will still be a good market tor Diesel vans for foreseeable future ( even more so considering current situation re: cancelled holidays etc).

8. Likes kapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps be prepared at some future point in the UK for pay per mile road taxation and chargeable motorways - they'll catch up with the derv runners then.
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friend owns a conversion shop next to me and does interiors out of wood, full fit outs to anything.
    People come from everywhere for them doing, Cornwall to top of Scotland, 1.6 petrol to 14litre diesels, I think they view it as "its not used all year round" so its not that important.

He's doing a 6X6 GAZ at the moment from Scotland to go to the Northpole, stuff like that, thing costs £2K just to fuel it...who cares about the price..eek!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information