Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Citroen Auto problem last attempt.

Spent too much money MOT and other work on our Picasso only to later discover a gearbox fault after passing with flying colours

I know exactly what the fault is but not the cause.

I had the valve body removed and overhauled as it was warped and oil change at same time but still have the same problem.

The car operates an idle /drive system that when you put your foot on the brrake to hold it still it knocks it out of drive.

Drive ( should )resume as soon as you lift your foot off the pedal . However once the car is hot or driven more than 15 miles it stops going straight back into gear and after a second or two will bang into gear as you increase revs. Rest of the time it drives perfectly .

I've done the obvious signal senders such as brake light ( wired through ECU ) and also Throttle Position Sender but no improvement.

So has anyone ever experienced similar and solved it ? I'm over £750 in the hole so far

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Don't know but a suggestion

Look for a second switch, one for the brake lights and one for telling the computer/gearbox controller the brakes are on, could be on the pedal or the master cylinder, brake pipe or even on the ABS pump, it sounds like a sticking switch

I assume no engine management light is on, if it is then possible a faulty sensor (tells the computer the engines ticking over not revving) crank sensor or one on the flywheel

With these modern cars sometimes you have to guess and be lucky
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers for the help. My feeling is that it's electrical also . Brake light switch feeds directly to ECU as well as actual lights ( checked an original wiring diagram ). No lights no codes either so whatever is broken is within parameters .

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    french wiring is nearly as bad as italian kev
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, reminds me of a Renault Scenic auto I had the pleasure of...******* thing had to be under load, DOWNHILL to change UP!...fkn electric solenoids in valve block...£400 "reflash" from the factory needed, I told the customer to leave it as it was only locally driven.he paid....it came back, exactly the same

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    The only thing I can find is if its a DGS type gearbox that a low fluid level can cause this issue, otherwise I agree electrical
    IT'S NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT...IT'S WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the standard programme Olly, take you foot off throttle to chane up, like a NORMAL auto, and it doesn't , even when working 100% normally. Had 5 or 6 of these boxes in Renaults and Citroens but first one to do this.

Neil , yup, ****e wiring and no idea why. Two of the possible probelsm on this is bad earths where MAF and TPS share earths and a simple connector behind the glovebox that dries out and needs soldering wire to wire to fix.

One of my other Frech cars throws a complete wobbly if the battery isn't kept fully charged at all times. All sort sof error codes thrown up and all fixed by an hour on a battey charger.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MYTHING View Post
    The only thing I can find is if its a DGS type gearbox that a low fluid level can cause this issue, otherwise I agree electrical
    A 'neat' thing about the DGS / DPO box is that it doesn't have a dipstick and it's stated sealed for life. What they don't actually say is that's the life of the oil ( 50k) NOT the life of the box . Oil changed at same time as valve body overhauled.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was horrible Kev, you didn't know if the fkr was actually ever going to change, shift pattern was up and down like a rollercoaster.
    I feel for you mate on this
    I know FAD15 is up on this stuff as he comes on YB a bit and mentions stuff about big Merc autos and BM's...fkn loses me though LOL, not sure if he is still on here though.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been off cars for a while Kev, landrovers now. i wouldnt have thought it is electrical as your not getting any faults up, which would make me think it was mechanical or oil related, sorry not that up on the these boxs, but have you had anyone look at the live data on the box to see if all the pressures are correct and its doing what it should be, also speak to the dealers to see if there is a software update for the box which could be the issue no amount of messing will fix it if thats the case.
    My wife has a A4 with the mulitronic cvt box, and yours sounds similar to hers, when you sellect drive its slow to engage or bangs in if the revs are up, think our issue is ecu and software but no faults showing, it goes lol.
    If quitters never win, and winners never cheat, then who is the fool who said "Quit while you're ahead"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information