Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Concept vehicle planned

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  kapri 
#1 ·
For a few years I have been planning to construct a vehicle with an old classic technology, but with a twist to it. Recently I have managed to meet a couple of people with the same mindset as me. Unfortunately there are one or areas of the construction that I don't have the necessary skills or know how to be able to complete the tasks. As is often the case, or so it seems, these areas form the backbone (and the skin) of the project. In regards to what the project is, I'm being deliberately vague as I hope it will form the basis of a new company and product in the future. The areas of expertise I am looking for are welding, jig building and form moulding/fibreglassing, to start with.

Is there anyone here that is local to Bracknell who may be able to help me in this project, in a hobby basis in time, as I at the moment have no funds to speak of to get the project underway. I need to be able to run the ideas past people who have the technical mindsets who may be interested in a potentially marketable vehicle.

#2 ·
It will effectively be a 'kit car ' so you will be needing the finished product to be capable of passing this test in its finished form :-

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/IVA-Inspection-Manual-for-M1-Passenger-Cars.pdf

It does get a little tougher if you are intending to build drive away cars ( low volume production class ) as opposed to supplying components for others to assemble.

Your current biggest stumbling block will be ensuring your product can meet the glass specifications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.