Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Cool finds.

Tags
cool finds
1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Tarmac Tanner 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Over here an old car in a barn or field is likely to be a Maestro!
Wow, got any pictures, do you think the owner will sell it???

I know where there's a Pop just outside Coalville (Swannington) thats been sitting under a tarpaulin for 20 years, owner won't sell becuase he's going to restore it one day. I think the tarp is now more solid than the car. There's a Standard Penant that's been in a garage in Shepshed since it failed its MoT in the mid 70's. It failed the MoT on corrosion so it won't have got any better in the meantime.....

#4 · (Edited)
When my friend Steve died I had to clear out his barn which included his well known Westbourne Toyota powered Y ( off the road for over 10 years ), a part built roadster ute Pop , and a steel 2 door B sedan plus numrous axles engines, wheels, Pop parts etc.

I also know of a couple of lock ups around here with unfinished 70's customs still in them !

I found a Pop and Morris 8 series E round the back of some units .I offered him £5 ( it was 30 years back ! ) . He said he wouldn't loads more than that for it because it had a rebuilt engine ..got it for a tenner :)

Up until recently there was a old 70's show model Y locked in a garage for 20 years . I'd sold the guy the engine from my Devon to put in it and after getting ripped off by a rod shop it had sat there for 20 years .I eventually talked him into selling it on and getting some money back. Mark Bulls got that engine complete with Webers on a very rare maifold sat in his 5 window and the car is back on teh road and out there somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.