Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  336
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: coronavirus

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday morning, got up for a **** at 7am, looked out of window to see what sort of a day it might be before getting up at 11ish, 2 ****s with a trolley nicked from Tesco with 4X36 packs of fkn toilet rolls in it, ****s were nearly home so rammed the trolley behind the lampost outside my garage and legged it up the steep hill like summat off Takeshi's castle , fkn 7am, screwballs

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear sales of the Sun have gone up?................

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Not in Liverpool...
    Nuttier than squirrel shit

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i still (personally) don't know anybody that has actually been infected by this virus or even knows anybody that has been infected
    (does anyone on here actually know anyone that has been or even knows anyone that has been infected?)
    What I do know is that the businesses of just about everybody I know has been affected. This goes from people I know working in the film industry (Disney have stopped all production) to my mate running two Taxis (no airport runs for a week now) and everyone in between.
    I have enough work to see me through to the end of next week but after that? ........Who knows.
    Loads of people saying that "it's only money but it's your health that matters" etc but they are mostly employees of the public services or large companies.
    For most of us a lock down (or simular) will mean economic ruin.
    Even the cancelling of sporting events is causing unheard of financial losses. Yes at the top, Premier league football clubs and Formular one racing teams might be able to swallow the cancelling of the season. But what about all the privateer racing teams?
    Ok most of the club motor sport seasons haven't started yet but amate of mine has just had a boat shipped out to Antigua for race week and that has been cancelled. He's is over ten grand out of pocket and his boat is three thousand miles away (ok he's fairly well off but it's something he has been saving for years to do and all lost) and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat. Not to mention all the ruined holiday plans
    And when it's all over and the airlines are all bankrupt who will be waiting in the wings to buy up what's left?
    It wouldn't happen to be people from a large oriental country (who's filthy food culture started the mess in the first place) would it........

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. I went to the supermarket this weekend, which apart from the depleted stocks of bog roll and pasta looked much the same, went to the bank, had tea and a few pints at the pub on Saturday (surrounded by loads of other people doing much the same). As a result of all this normal activity, I came into contact with countless strangers who may or may not have had any range of ailments or illnesses, just like I have done since I was old enough to leave the house alone.
    All I see is a massive over reaction by people who are far too willing to believe everything they read or hear, while the economy goes to pot.
    I'm annoyed and disappointed by the way a lot of people are behaving. They need to get a grip.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    i
    And when it's all over and the airlines are all bankrupt who will be waiting in the wings to buy up what's left?
    It wouldn't happen to be people from a large oriental country (who's filthy food culture started the mess in the first place) would it........
    And the stupid think it's Muslims who want to take over the world.

I'd guess at sometime in the future,the Chinese will own just about everything major in the world,or be financing it.i don't believe they actually want to rule the world or there's any malice in it,it's just they have so much money.

No matter where you go now as a tourist,there will be Chinese there.they will also own tourist shops and restaurants etc at these places.

They also finance mayor projects across the globe.just like they want to do HS2.

No answers to it,it's just how the world is changing.
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    And the stupid think it's Muslims who want to take over the world.

I'd guess at sometime in the future,the Chinese will own just about everything major in the world,or be financing it.i don't believe they actually want to rule the world or there's any malice in it,it's just they have so much money.

No matter where you go now as a tourist,there will be Chinese there.they will also own tourist shops and restaurants etc at these places.

They also finance mayor projects across the globe.just like they want to do HS2.

No answers to it,it's just how the world is changing.
    It's like a game of Monopoly, where when you're ahead you buy up everybodies property when they fall on hard times. We'll all have depleted resources, but the Chinese' will be less depleted than the rest of us.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likeschevrolet50 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    I think we will have to agree to disagree,

I do not recognise the Britain you describe with rebellious mobs running the streets if the Govt tries to control this situation.

All we do in this country is grumble!

Yeah, those Frenchies do as they are told by the Police, I don't think.

It is the lack of controls that is allowing the panic buying, but I'm not sure how we would stop this.
    I don't think we wll have rebellious mobs, but there are plenty now who are brazen in their wrongdoing. With no-one around and the police having thier hands full the scum will see it as a golden opportunity to steal all they fancy. Others will see this & jump on thr bandwagon.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Joe above, I see last night one of the scandinavian airlines laid off 10,000 of its workers - they only employ 11,000 total.

This will carry on throughout all industry - but as an example of a possible new world order, if most of the airlines go bust then those that are left will abandon cheap flights, so no more holidays abroad for a lot of us in the future possibly.

My company is in the broadcast industry, so cancellng the olympics will decimate my business, we have already seen a massive drop off of work and we have not shut down anything as yet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information