Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Current project ?

Not just what but more importantly ...why ? What draws you to the style of motor that you are currently building , not just " I wanted a rod /custom/yank/sod " but what appealed to you about the particular style ?

My latest ,due to start next year, is a trad style A modified . " Style" because I can't afford the 'right' bits to make it a full on traditional. I chose a modified as I like the freedom it gives you to build compared to say a B roadster where it is expected that it should be built a certain way.

It'll run a 4 pot because I like to use my cars regularly rather than just to go to a show , or be limited in the distance I can afford to travel.

Roadster because you know you are alive in one. Basic transport at one with the elements

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    my latest project is a dodge dart being built primerily for drag racing, full tube frame 512ci motor etc etc
    reason for building is simple, ive got a model T ford so got a rod, ive had stock (ish) yanks, classic british cars, modified british cars , yank vans (still got a camper) yank pickups but had never had a proper race car. a few years back i was doing a lot of machining work on some realy fast cars (splinters mercury cougar being one of them) and with some encouragement from numerous people i decided to build my own. on deciding to go all the way with it i took the plunge and bought a tube frame kit from the states and all the suspension components, its going to be a long build as i dont intend to pay for any of it to be done , it will all be done by me at home with all parts made by me to my own design so if it dosnt work i only have myself to blame

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i jumped at the chance to buy and restore Henry Hirise,because it was my favourite car from back in day,i now realised that i could afford to buy it ,and do it for the sport/hobby,i have enjoyed every minute of the rebuild so far,and am looking forward to having some fun with it ,im considering trying to raise some money for worthey organisations with it,but we'll see about that when its done !

im also putting togerther a 35 chevy 3w coupe westergard style,which is a long term project, i love the class,sleekness and cool these car's have,just hope mine falls into any of the affore mentioned descriptions ill be very happy,Bry
    Last edited by bigjob; 20-12-2009 at 11:39.
    My Intro
    Insurance Repairs, MOT Work
    or Full On Restorations

Roberts Motor Bodies

Home of Henry Hirise
    Click to visit our website.

View the Henry Hirise Re-Build

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear about the Westergard Chevy Bry Likewise have always had a passion for those cars ,again not matched by my pocket ,so I have again a Consul Capri stashed in the wings to once again do my own attempt at sleek and cool

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,Kev i spied that,cool cool car,same treatment as your old one ?(i allways wanted consul capri -cut the off,put the angled rear pillars right at the back,panel the sides,that woulda made a cool delivery)Bry
    My Intro
    Insurance Repairs, MOT Work
    or Full On Restorations

Roberts Motor Bodies

Home of Henry Hirise
    Click to visit our website.

View the Henry Hirise Re-Build

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    iv wanted a '49/'51 merc sled for a long time like the green one Sam barris built in 1950 but the prices just go up and i cant afford one yet,
    ive wanted a rod like the '34 SOCAL lakester one but cant afford one (x2 kids etc) then came RAT ROD now this look i like and i can afford it. it's not trad'l but close enough for me i supose it like a budget lowflyer (sorry if i offend any lowflyers)
    so here's my T, ive started to get close to building it as i now have most of the parts to build the chassis so ive moked it up for now for you to see.
    Attached Images

Official RnS Addict farncombe pop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The A pickup because that's the rod i always dreamed of owning when i was a lad but was way out of my budget, [still is if truth be known ] but when the chance came along i just had to! for me they just shout hotrod, not practical or roomy but who cares when your fulfilling a dream, if it gives me a mile wide grin....job done!
    Here to help !

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am "into" most styles of cars within our scene, but as my biggest influence was American Graffiti, my car had to look like it could have been used on the set of that film. As I've always been into 59 & 60 Impalas, I decided to build my 60 as a "60's High School" car, stock body but lowered with a decent rake & decent wheels.

My problem is that I am interested in so many different styles it can be difficult to stay focused with one project.

complete knob..apperantly pompeypaul's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    like most people i love most styles of cars but can't afford anything like them, wife and 5 kids can be a drain......... luckily rat rods etc also tick my buttons and i can build one cheap-ish, got the scimmy chassis at last just gotta decide on style, was gonna be home built pick up maybe pick up roadster or just a bit of anything, i'll build it i'll like it everyone can think whatever

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeypaul View Post
    i'll build it i'll like it everyone can think whatever
    i like that thinking fella
    thats pretty much how i put together my modified, i just used what i had to hand or could scrounge, i liked it even though it didnt really fit into any one style and if i do another at some point thats how i'll do it again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information